Background and activities
Teaching Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, KJ2031. Research interests include synthesis, functionalisation and characterisation of porous materials.
Project leader of a cross-disciplinary project on the functionalisation of silica aerogels for catalytic applications.We are focusing on the introduction of cationic metal precursors and studying their interactions with the gel, also including formation and stabilisation of metallic and bimetallic nanoparticles.
This research was described in the norwegian website "forskning.no" in December 2013:
Other research projects include synthesis and fundamental characterisation of porous materials such as zeotypes with emphasis on incorporation of catalytically active transition metals. Ongoing projects also include modification of porosity in zeotypes with the aims of introducing mesopores which can function as super-highways to microreactors. We are experienced users of synchrotron facilities such as the Swiss Norwegian Beamlines (SNBL, pictured below) in Grenoble France, and the EXAFS beamline at MaxLab in Lund Sweden. In situ x-ray absorption spectroscopy studies of our materials under realistic working conditions help us understand and identify metal species present during the reaction.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Dynamic redox properties of vanadium and copper in microporous supports during the selective oxidation of propene. Catalysis Today. vol. 254.
- (2014) Exposing the synergistic effect between copper and vanadium in AlPO-5 during the selective oxidation of propene. Catalysis Today. vol. 229.
- (2014) Identification of synergistic Cu/V redox pair in VCu:AlPO-5; a comparison with Vcu:ZSM-5. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 16 (38).
- (2014) On the promoting effect of water during NO<sub>x</sub> removal over single-site copper in hydrophobic silica APD-arogels. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 118 (5).
- (2013) CO Oxidation over Au/TiO2-Carbon Catalysts: The Effect of Thermal Treatment, Stability and TiO2 Support Structure. Topics in catalysis. vol. 56 (9-10).
- (2013) In situ infrared spectroscopic and gravimetric characterisation of the solvent removal and dehydroxylation of the metal organic frameworks UiO-66 and UiO-67. Topics in catalysis. vol. 56 (9-10).
- (2012) Spectroscopic and catalytic characterization of extra large pore zeotype H-ITQ-33. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. vol. 151.
- (2012) There and Back Again: The Unique Nature of Copper in Ambient Pressure Dried-Silica Aerogels. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 116 (38).
- (2012) Irreversible Silver(I) Interconversion in Ag:ZSM-5 and Ag:SAPO-5 by Propene and Hydrogen. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 116 (1).
- (2012) The Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath) Secreted Protein, MopE*, Binds Both Reduced and Oxidized Copper. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (8).
- (2011) Effect of Pretreatment on Carbon-Supported Au/TiO2 Catalysts for Preferential Oxidation of CO. Topics in catalysis. vol. 54 (13-15).
- (2011) Single-Site Copper by Incorporation in Ambient Pressure Dried Silica Aerogel and Xerogel Systems: An X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 115 (39).
- (2011) A combined in situ XAS/Raman and WAXS study on nanoparticulate V2O5 in zeolites ZSM-5 and Y. Phase Transitions. vol. 84 (8).
- (2011) Assessing the surface sites of the large pore 3-dimensional microporous material H-ITQ-7 using FT-IR spectroscopy and molecular probes. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. vol. 141 (1-3).
- (2011) Infrared Spectroscopic Investigation of the Acidity and Availability of the Surface Hydroxyls of Three-Dimensional 12-Ring Zeotype H-ITQ-7. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 115 (24).
- (2009) In situ XAS and IR studies on Cu:SAPO-5 and Cu:SAPO-11: the contributory role of monomeric linear copper(I) species in the selective catalytic reduction of NOx by propene. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 11 (26).
- (2009) Decomposition of Carbon Dioxide at 500°C over Reduced Iron, Cobalt, Nickel and Zinc Ferrites: A Combined XANES-XRD Study. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 113 (45).
- (2008) Decomposition of carbon dioxide over the putative cubic spinel nanophase cobalt, nickel, and zinc ferrites. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 112.
- (2007) Comparing CuAPO-5 with Cu:ZSM-5 in the Selective Catalytic Reduction of NOx: An in situ Study. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 111 (7).
- (2007) Investigation of the effect of metal sites in Me-Al-MCM-41 (Me=Fe, Cu or Zn) on the catalytic behavior during the pyrolysis of wooden based biomass. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. vol. 105.