Background and activities
Representations of landscape, landscape policies and management, landscape and cultural heritage in tourism, debates on authenticity.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Preserving permanent mountain grasslands in Western Europe: Why are promising approaches not implemented more widely?. Land Use Policy. vol. 68.
- (2017) Arealkrav i jærlandskapet: En studie av medias fremstilling. Tidsskriftet Utmark. vol. 2017 (1).
- (2016) National parks policy and planning: a comparative analysis of friluftsliv (Norway) and the dual mandate (New Zealand). Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events. vol. 8 (2).
- (2016) Institutional impacts on the resilience of mountain grasslands: An analysis based on three European case studies. Land Use Policy. vol. 52.
- (2016) Mimisbrunnr Climate Park - a network for heritage learning, tourism development, and climate consciousness. Journal of Heritage Tourism. vol. 11 (1).
- (2014) Landscapes of transhumance in Norway and Spain: Farmers' practices, perceptions, and value orientations. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 68 (4).
- (2013) Authenticity and the pseudo-backstage of agri-tourism. Annals of Tourism Research. vol. 43.
- (2013) Reiseliv i norske nasjonalparker - forvaltningsmessige forutsetninger og utfordringer. Tidsskriftet Utmark.
- (2012) Travels in imaginary landscapes: An analysis of four cultural historic guidebooks. Belgeo.
- (2011) The participatory dimension in nature conservation processes: Examples of ideology and practice from Norway. Landscape Series. vol. 13.
- (2011) Harmony or conflict? : a focus group study on traditional use and tourism development in and around Rondane and Jotunheimen national parks in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. vol. 11 (suppl.).
- (2010) Synergy or marginalisation? Narratives of farming and tourism in Geiranger, western Norway. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 64 (1).
- (2007) Summer farmers: Gender Discourses in New Arenas. Journal of Comparative Family Studies. vol. 38 (3).
- (2006) New protected areas in Norway: Local participation without gender equality. Mountain Research and Development Journal. vol. 26.
- (2001) Re-growth effects on vascular plant richness in Norwegian, abandoned summer farm areas. Skógræktarritið. vol. 1.
- (1997) Usages of the "cultural landscape" concept in Norwegian and Nordic landscape administration. Landscape Research. vol. 22 (3).
- (2010) Images, attitudes and measures in the field of cultural heritage in Norway. Amsterdam University Press. 2010. ISBN 978-90-8964-155-7.
- (2001) Summer farming in the subalpine birch forest. 2001. ISBN 1-84214-054-X.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Moving Up and Down. Two Cases of Seasonal Family Dwelling in Mountainous Areas: Mid-Norway and the Southwestern Alps. Agricultural and Pastoral Landscapes in Pre-Industrial Society- Choices, Stability and Change.
- (2013) Agrarian landscapes and agrarian heritage. Norway : Nature industry and society.