Background and activities
Katerina Mangaroska is a PhD student at the Department of Computer Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Her primary research area is in learning analytics for learning design. She is currently working on the FUTURE LEARNING project that aims to develop new knowledge about how analytics allow us to better orchestrate different learning tools and practises, and design optimal learning experiences and environments. She is also working with eye-tracking to gain insights into user behavior (e.g. how the user process information or interact with visual information) that cannot be captured verbally, via other ordinal user-data (e.g. click-stream) or with observations. Mangaroska is a Fulbright scholar.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Challenges and opportunities of multimodal data in human learning: The computer science students' perspective. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning.
- (2020) Multimodal learning analytics to inform learning design: Lessons learned from computing education. Journal of Learning Analytics. vol. 7 (3).
- (2020) Teacher Tracking with Integrity: What Indoor Positioning Can Reveal About Instructional Proxemics. PACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies. vol. 4 (1).
- (2018) Learning analytics for learning design: A systematic literature review of analytics-driven design to enhance learning. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies.
- (2018) Gaze-Driven Design Insights to Amplify Debugging Skills: A Learner-Centered Analysis Approach. Journal of Learning Analytics. vol. 8 (3).
- (2018) Evidence for Programming Strategies in University Coding Exercises. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11082.
- (2018) Learning in Smart Environments: User-centered Design and Analytics of an Adaptive Learning System. Smart Learning Environments. vol. 5 (24).
- (2017) Learning Analytics for Learning Design: Towards Evidence-Driven Decisions to Enhance Learning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10474.
- (2017) Decision Support System for Planning Traffic Operations Assets. Journal of Infrastructure Systems. vol. 23 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2019) The Dynamics of Motivational and Emotional Challenges and Regulation Strategies in Customer-Driven Project-Based Learning. 2019 IEEE 19th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT).
- (2019) Cross-Platform Analytics: A step towards Personalization and Adaptation in Education. LAK'19 : Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge.
- (2019) Elo-Rating Method: Towards Adaptive Assessment in E-Learning. 2019 IEEE 19th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT).
- (2018) Adult Perception of Gender-Based Toys and Their Influence on Girls’ Careers in STEM. Entertainment Computing – ICEC 2018.
- (2018) Gaze insights into debugging behavior using learner-centred analysis. LAK '18 Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge.
- (2018) Interlacing Gaze and Actions to Explain the Debugging Process. 13th International Conference of the Learning Sciences (ICLS) 2018.
- (2018) Web-based educational ecosystem for automatizationof teaching process and assessment of students. WIMS '18 Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics, Novi Sad, Serbia — June 25 - 27, 2018.
- (2021) Augmenting learning analytics with multimodal data to advance learning design: Research in computing education. 2021. ISBN 978-82-471-4984-3.