Leif Edward Ottesen Kennair
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Predictors of belief in conspiracy theory: The role of individual differences in schizotypal traits, paranormal beliefs, social dominance orientation, right wing authoritarianism and conspiracy mentality. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 173.
- (2021) The Function of Casual Sex Action and Inaction Regret: A Longitudinal Investigation. Evolutionary Psychology.
- (2021) Perception of workplace social-sexual behavior as sexual harassment post#MeToo in Scandinavia. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- (2021) Investigating the emergence of sex diferences in jealousy responses in a large community sample from an evolutionary perspective. Scientific Reports.
- (2021) Investigating the emergence of sex differences in jealousy responses in a large community sample from an evolutionary perspective. Scientific Reports. vol. 11 (1).
- (2021) Affective Interpersonal Touch in Close Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
- (2020) Painful memories: Challenges in trauma-focused therapy for torture survivors with PTSD and chronic pain – a narrative review. Journal on Rehabilitation of Torture Victims and Prevention of Torture. vol. 30 (2).
- (2020) Breakup Likelihood Following Hypothetical Sexual or Emotional Infidelity: Perceived Threat, Blame, and Forgiveness. Journal of Relationships Research. vol. 11 (e7).
- (2020) Protective and vulnerability factors in self-esteem: The role of metacognitions, brooding, and resilience. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Positive and negative metacognitions about alcohol: Validity of the Norwegian PAMS and NAMS. Addictive Behaviours. vol. 108 (106466).
- (2020) Change in personality traits and facets (Revised NEO Personality Inventory) following metacognitive therapy or cognitive behaviour therapy for generalized anxiety disorder: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2020) Reasons for Facebook Usage: Data From 46 Countries. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) The meaning of service questionnaire and its association with psychological growth among Veterans. Military Psychology. vol. 32 (5).
- (2020) Validity of a Norwegian version of the Desire Thinking Questionnaire (DTQ): Associations with problem drinking, nicotine dependence and problematic social media use. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2020) Universality of the Triangular Theory of Love: Adaptation and Psychometric Properties of the Triangular Love Scale in 25 Countries. Journal of Sex Research. vol. 58 (1).
- (2020) Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science. vol. 31 (4).
- (2019) Adjusting Signals of Sexual Interest in the Most Recent Naturally Occurring Opposite-Sex Encounter in Two Different Contexts. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. vol. 13 (4).
- (2019) Contrasting computational models of mate preference integration across 45 countries. Scientific Reports. vol. 9:16885.
- (2019) Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and human behavior. vol. 40 (5).
- (2019) Hook, Line and Sinker: Do Tinder Matches and Meet Ups Lead to One-Night Stands?. Evolutionary Psychological Science.