Leif Edward Ottesen Kennair
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Reasons for Facebook Usage: Data From 46 Countries. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2020) Sex Differences in Mate Preferences Across 45 Countries: A Large-Scale Replication. Psychological Science.
- (2020) Painful memories: Challenges in trauma-focused therapy for torture survivors with PTSD and chronic pain – a narrative review. Journal on Rehabilitation of Torture Victims and Prevention of Torture. vol. 30 (2).
- (2020) Breakup Likelihood Following Hypothetical Sexual or Emotional Infidelity: Perceived Threat, Blame, and Forgiveness. Journal of Relationships Research. vol. 11 (e7).
- (2020) Protective and vulnerability factors in self-esteem: The role of metacognitions, brooding, and resilience. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Positive and negative metacognitions about alcohol: Validity of the Norwegian PAMS and NAMS. Addictive Behaviours. vol. 108 (106466).
- (2020) The meaning of service questionnaire and its association with psychological growth among Veterans. Military Psychology.
- (2020) Validity of a Norwegian version of the Desire Thinking Questionnaire (DTQ): Associations with problem drinking, nicotine dependence and problematic social media use. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2019) Adjusting Signals of Sexual Interest in the Most Recent Naturally Occurring Opposite-Sex Encounter in Two Different Contexts. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. vol. 13 (4).
- (2019) Contrasting computational models of mate preference integration across 45 countries. Scientific Reports. vol. 9:16885.
- (2019) Assortative mating and the evolution of desirability covariation. Evolution and human behavior. vol. 40 (5).
- (2019) Hook, Line and Sinker: Do Tinder Matches and Meet Ups Lead to One-Night Stands?. Evolutionary Psychological Science.
- (2019) How Intercourse Frequency Is Affected by Relationship Length,Relationship Quality, and Sexual Strategies Using Couple Data. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences.
- (2019) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Metacognitive Therapy for Depression: Analysis of 1-Year Follow-Up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Evolutionary Personality Psychology: Integrating the Many Functional Adaptations That Make Us Who We Are. Evolutionary Studies in Imaginative Culture. vol. 3 (1).
- (2019) The Effect of Prototypical #MeToo Features on the Perception of Social‑Sexual Behavior as Sexual Harassment. Sexuality & Culture.
- (2019) Gender differences in factors associated with symptoms of depression among high school students: an examination of the direct and indirect effects of insomnia symptoms and physical activity. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Metacognitive therapy for depression: A 3-year follow-up study assessing recovery, relapse, work force participation, and quality of life. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Mate preference priorities in the East and West: A cross‐cultural test of the mate preference priority model. Journal of Personality.
- (2018) Forgiving the Unforgivable: Couples’ Forgiveness and Expected Forgiveness of Emotional and Sexual Infidelity From an Error Management Theory Perspective. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. vol. 12 (4).