Background and activities
colour in architecture, perception of colour, interaction of colour, colour reference systems, NCS, visual illusions, colour theory, colour design, colour registration, visual evaluation, luminance contrast, universal design, methodology, light and colour.
Kine Angelo has twenty years of practice as Interior Architect, specialising in colour in architecture. She joined the Faculty of Architecture and Design at NTNU in 2010 where she is currently a full-time lecturer and researcher, affiliated with the Light and Colour Centre and the research group Transformasjon at Department for Architecture and Technology. Her teaching and research activities are devoted to light and colour in the architectural realm, and she is the main teacher on the Master course AAR4620 Architectural Design with Light and Colour.
In the last ten years Kine Angelo has been operating on the interface between research and its implementation in architecture, building on previous and ongoing design practice of interior and exterior projects with an overall aim to promote colour and material gestalt in architecture and urban space through research, architectural education and public outreach. In 2020 she was invited to join the Dresden Fellowship Program conducting joint research and teaching at Die Sammlung Farbenlehre at TU Dresden.
Her contribution outside NTNU is as a colour designer, consultant and strategist and in giving lectures and workshops for educational institutions, organisations, companies and municipalities. She has been working with Norwegian municipalities on establishing guidelines, i.e. colour, material and aesthetic guides for urban development. She is Deputy Leader on the Board of Government of Forum Farge (AIC Norway), and internationally active as a member of the Study Group on Environmental Colour Design (ECD) in the International Color Association (AIC), where she has regularly participated with oral paper presentations since 2012.
Kine Angelo has co-organised local, national and international seminars, workshops and exhibitions, in co-operation with Helen Hamlyn Design Centre - Royal College of Art in London, Haus der Farbe, Nordenfjeldske Kunstindustrimuseum, Trondheim Municipality, Trondheim Kunstforening and Forum Farge. In 2017 she succeeded Professor Emerita Grete Smedal in teaching the NCS Advanced Courses at Norwegian Colour Center, Oslo.
Kine Angelo is cooperating with architects and municipalities on a national level, in general on projects related to colour application and urban development. The SYN-TES project, Nordic research collaboration on Colour & Light - interdisciplinary spatial studies, based at Konstfack, Sweden, during 2008 – 2013, brought together researchers from Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. Though the project terminated, the established network is active through continued cooperation and sharing of knowledge. Participation in the International Color Association (AIC) has afforded collaboration and professional discourse with researchers and experts within the field of colour and light on an international level.
farger i bygde rom. SYN-TES rapport 2N. http://www.konstfack.se/sv/Forskning/Forskningsprojekt/SYN-TES/
Proceeding of the CIE-congress; 10.-15. June, Sun City, South Africa.
fargeforskyvninger. Guide for use of translucent façades. Forskningsrådet, prosjektnummer 526192-10_001. http://www.forskningsradet.no/no/Forsiden/1173185591033
glazing. Conference Proceedings, The International Colour Association, AIC 2012, Taipei, Taiwan.
2013. Colour shift: perceived and measured. Conference proceeding, The International Colour Association, AIC Colour 2013, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. ISBN 978-0901623027. P. 1637-1640
(Chapter 8 – contribution from Glazings). ISBN 978-91-73333-653-6
- AAR4620 - Architectural Design with Light and Colours
- AAR4436 - Architecture 4 Transformation
- AAR4935 - Light and Colour
- AAR6042 - Transformation and Reuse of Architectural Heritage
- AAR4435 - Form and Colour 2
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) S>C – Proposing a formula for Harmonic Urban Colour Composition. Proceedings of the International Colour Association (AIC) Conference.
- (2018) Architectural Colour Design in Defence of Identity and Place; the Challenges and Potential Strategies for the Future in Urban Development. Proceedings of the International Colour Association (AIC) Conference.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Teigen Samfunnshus. Kristoffersen og Brendeland, Klæbu. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Øvre Bakklandet 64. Trondheim Eiendom, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent interiør Valentinlys skjermet avdeling. Trondheim Kommune, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent interiør kontorer, tegnesaler og diverse. NTNU, AB, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargeregistrering eksteriør prosjekt Wesselsgate. A-Lab, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting Prosjekt Norske Turistveier. TYIN Tegnestue, Norge. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Arne Garborgsveg 67. TYIN Tegnestue, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Rosenborg gate 7 -11. Elin Korsnes, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Selbu sykehjem. tegn_3 / Selbu Kommune, Selbu. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting interiør St. Olavs Hospital. St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2018) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Bromstadekra 45b. Per Chr. Jørstad, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargekonsultasjon HUS Arkitekter, prosjekt Lilleby/utforming av områdeveiledning. HUS Arkitekter, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting Frostadveien. Karl Ove Bjørnstad AS, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Dropsfabrikken. Borettslaget, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Klæbuveien 40. TOB, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Odins veg 28. Tore Ligaard AS, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting interiør Ormen Langes vei 12. TYIN Tegnestue. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting interiør Rognerveien. TYIN Tegnestue. 2018.