Background and activities
colour in architecture, perception of colour, interaction of colour, colour reference systems, NCS, visual illusions, colour theory, colour design, colour registration, visual evaluation, luminance contrast, universal design, methodology, light and colour.
Kine Angelo has 14 years of practice as interior architect in Norway, specializing in colour in architecture - both exterior and interior. She joined the Faculty of Architecture at NTNU in 2010 as a researcher and teacher.
As a teacher at NTNU she has primarily been coordinating and teaching the master course Architectural Design - room and light, Light and Colour and at EVU-courses. She has been guest lecturer at several courses at the Faculty of Architecture ans Fine Art and Faculty of Product Design, mainly teaching colour in architecture, colour theory, perseption and NCS. In 2014 she is the responsible teacher for the course Architectural Design with Light and Colour.
She has been a scientific reasercher in the project Translusent Facade, initiated by the Norwegian Reaserch Council, and in the Nordic SYN-TES project, sponsored by Konstfack et. al. In September 2012 she gave an oral presentation of the paper Colour shifts behind Modern Glazing, at the AIC conference in Taiwan.
She coorganized the Research Day - Light and Colour in 2011, an international PhD-course Nordic Light and Colour in 2012, Light and Lighting workshop with Helen Hamlyn Design Center, Royal College of Art in London in 2013. In 2014 she is coorganizing the exhibition and conference Colour in the City.
She is a board member of the Light & Colour Group at NTNU and Forum Farge (AIC Norway).
Since 2010, she has primarely worked as a colour designer in Norway and given lectures and workshops for educational institutions, organisations, companies and municipalities. Together with Trondheim Kommune, she initiated the pilot project Colour Registration in Trondheim.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) S>C – Proposing a formula for Harmonic Urban Colour Composition. Proceedings of the International Colour Association (AIC) Conference.
- (2018) Architectural Colour Design in Defence of Identity and Place; the Challenges and Potential Strategies for the Future in Urban Development. Proceedings of the International Colour Association (AIC) Conference.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Teigen Samfunnshus. Kristoffersen og Brendeland, Klæbu. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Øvre Bakklandet 64. Trondheim Eiendom, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent interiør Valentinlys skjermet avdeling. Trondheim Kommune, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargekonsulent interiør kontorer, tegnesaler og diverse. NTNU, AB, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargeregistrering eksteriør prosjekt Wesselsgate. A-Lab, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting Prosjekt Norske Turistveier. TYIN Tegnestue, Norge. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Arne Garborgsveg 67. TYIN Tegnestue, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Rosenborg gate 7 -11. Elin Korsnes, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting eksteriør Selbu sykehjem. tegn_3 / Selbu Kommune, Selbu. 2019.
- (2019) Fargesetting interiør St. Olavs Hospital. St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim. 2019.
- (2018) Fargekonsulent eksteriør Bromstadekra 45b. Per Chr. Jørstad, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargekonsultasjon HUS Arkitekter, prosjekt Lilleby/utforming av områdeveiledning. HUS Arkitekter, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting Frostadveien. Karl Ove Bjørnstad AS, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Dropsfabrikken. Borettslaget, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Klæbuveien 40. TOB, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting eksteriør Odins veg 28. Tore Ligaard AS, Trondheim. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting interiør Ormen Langes vei 12. TYIN Tegnestue. 2018.
- (2018) Fargesetting interiør Rognerveien. TYIN Tegnestue. 2018.