Background and activities
Kjetil Rasmussen has been the Head of the Department of Biotechnology and Food Science at NTNU since August 2009.
- Management of the Department
- Strategies and Planning
Kjetil Rasmussen (born 1971) has an MSc in Environmental Engineering from Montana State University (1996) and a PhD Engineer in Environmental Biotechnology from the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU (2001).
- Head of Office / Senior Engineer at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU (2006-10 - 2009-07 and 2003-01 - 2003-06)
- Associate Professor at the Nord-Trøndelag University College (2005-08 - 2006-12)
- Postdoc at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU (VISTA) (2003-12 - 2005-07)
- Researcher at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU (2002-05 - 2003-01 and 1996-10 - 1997-01)
- Research Assistant at the Department of Biotechnology, NTNU (2002-02 - 2002-04)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2003) Adhesion of the marine bacterium Pseudomonas sp. NCIMB 2021 to different hydrogel surfaces. Water Research. vol. 37.
- (2002) Barnacle settlement on hydrogels. Biofouling (Print). vol. 18 (3).
- (2001) Adhesion of the marine fouling diatom Amphora coffeaeformis to non-solid gel surfaces. Biofouling (Print). vol. 17 (2).
- (1998) Microelectrode measurements of local mass transport rates in heterogeneous biofilms. Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- (1998) The accuracy of oxygen flux measurements using microelectrodes. Water Research. vol. 32 (12).
Part of book/report
- (2006) An experimental study of driving mechanisms in MIOR processes by using Rhodococcus sp. 094. Fifteenth SPE/DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium - Old Reservoirs New Tricks - A Global Perspective.
- (2005) An experimental study of microbial improved oil recovery by using Rhodococcus Sp.094. 2005 International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts.
- (2002) Marine biofouling - microbial adhesion to non-solid gel surfaces. 2002.