Background and activities
I am mainly working with computational method for the geosciences (reservoir simulation, CO2 storage, surface water, etc), but generally interested in applied mathematics and scientific computing. Much of my time is spent developing open-source software.
My main duties at NTNU are to supervise master and doctoral students. Please do not hesitate if you are interested in supervision or research collaboration.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A numerical study of the additive Schwarz preconditioned exact Newton method (ASPEN) as a nonlinear preconditioner for immiscible and compositional porous media flow. Computational Geosciences.
- (2021) An adaptive sequential fully implicit domain-decomposition solver. SPE Journal.
- (2021) High-Resolution Compositional Reservoir Simulation with Dynamic Coarsening and Local Timestepping for Unstructured Grids. SPE Journal.
- (2021) Embedded discrete fracture modelling: flow diagnostics, non-Darcy flow, and well placement optimization. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering.
- (2021) Toward accurate reservoir simulations on unstructured grids: design of simple error estimators and critical benchmarking of consistent discretization methods for practical implementation. SPE Journal.
- (2020) Dynamic Coarsening and Local Reordered Nonlinear Solvers for Simulating Transport in Porous Media. SPE Journal. vol. 25 (04).
- (2020) An implicit local time-stepping method based on cell reordering for multiphase flow in porous media. Journal of Computational Physics: X. vol. 6.
- (2020) The Open Porous Media Flow Reservoir Simulator. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. vol. 81.
- (2019) Efficient reordered nonlinear Gauss–Seidel solvers with higher order for black-oil models. Computational Geosciences.
- (2019) Accelerating multiscale simulation of complex geomodels by use of dynamically adapted basis functions. Computational Geosciences.
- (2019) Robust nonlinear Newton solver with adaptive interface-localized trust regions. SPE Journal. vol. 24 (4).
- (2019) A fully implicit WENO scheme on stratigraphic and unstructured polyhedral grids. Computational Geosciences.
- (2019) Preserving vorticity improves the accuracy of multiscale solvers. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 182.
- (2018) Using simplified methods to explore the impact of parameter uncertainty on CO2 storage estimates with application to the Norwegian Continental Shelf. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 75.
- (2018) Unstructured Voronoi grids conforming to lower-dimensional objects. Computational Geosciences. vol. 23 (1).
- (2018) Full Approximation Scheme for Reservoir Simulation. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2018) Streamline simulation of a reactive advective flow with discontinuous flux function. Computational Geosciences. vol. 23 (2).
- (2017) Categorization of Norwegian Continental Shelf formations in terms of geological CO2 storage potentials. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) On obtaining optimal well rates and placement for CO2 storage. Computational Geosciences. vol. 21 (5-6).
- (2017) Ranking and categorizing large-scale saline aquifer formations based on optimized CO2 storage potentials and economic factors. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 65.