Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching water resources in the basic course in water and environment, hydrology, hydrological modelling and water resources management. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment, hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate and aspects of modelling water resources.
VM8109 Topics in ecohydraulics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Climate change and hydrological analysis of Tekeze river basin Ethiopia: implication for potential hydropower production. Journal of Water and Climate Change.
- (2019) Ecohydraulic Modelling to Support Fish Habitat Restoration Measures. Sustainability. vol. 11.
- (2019) Identification of salmon population bottlenecks from low flows in a hydro-regulated river. Environmental Modelling & Software. vol. 120.
- (2019) Performance of A Two-Dimensional Hydraulic Model for the Evaluation of Stranding Areas and Characterization of Rapid Fluctuations in Hydropeaking Rivers. Water. vol. 11 (2).
- (2019) Assessment of future water availability under climate change, considering scenarios for population growth and ageing infrastructure. Journal of Water and Climate Change. vol. 10 (1).
- (2019) Merging radar and gauge information within a dynamical model combination framework for precipitation estimation in cold climates. Environmental Modelling & Software. vol. 119.
- (2019) Modelling mitigation measures for smolt migration at dammed river sections. Ecohydrology.
- (2019) Predicting hourly flows at ungauged small rural catchments using a parsimonious hydrological model. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 573.
- (2018) Brief Communication: Mapping river ice using drones and structure from motion. The Cryosphere. vol. 12.
- (2018) Changes in short term river flow regulation and hydropeaking in Nordic rivers. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (17232).
- (2018) High spatial-temporal resolution and integrated surface and subsurface Precipitation-Runoff modelling for a small stormwater catchment. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 557.
- (2018) Estimating radar precipitation in cold climates: the role of air temperature within a non-parametric framework. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. vol. 22.
- (2018) Modelling climate change effects on Atlantic salmon: Implications for mitigation in regulated rivers. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 631-632.
- (2018) Experimental hydraulics on fish-friendly trash-racks: an ecological approach. Ecological Engineering: The Journal of Ecotechnology. vol. 113.
- (2017) Modeling the effects of alternative mitigation measures on Atlantic salmon production in a regulated river. Water Resources and Economics. vol. 17.
- (2017) An Assessment of Ice Effects on Indices for Hydrological Alteration in Flow Regimes. Water. vol. 9 (12).
- (2017) The Water Footprint of Hydropower Production—State of the Art and Methodological Challenges. Global Challenges. vol. 1 (5).
- (2017) Key hydraulic drivers and patterns of fine sediment accumulation in gravel streambeds: A conceptual framework illustrated with a case study from the Kiewa River, Australia. Geomorphology. vol. 299.
- (2017) Regional Statistical and Precipitation–Runoff Modelling for Ecological Applications: Prediction of Hourly Streamflow in Regulated Rivers and Ungauged Basins. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 33 (2).
- (2017) Regional flood frequency analysis and prediction in ungauged basins including estimation of major uncertainties for mid-Norway. Journal of Hydrology Regional Studies. vol. 9.
- (2017) Analyses of extreme precipitation and runoff events including uncertainties and reliability in design and management of urban water infrastructure. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 544.
- (2017) Be cool: A review of hydro-physical changes and fish responses in winter in hydropower-regulated northern streams. Environmental Biology of Fishes. vol. 101 (1).
- (2018) Nordic Hydrological Conference 2018. Hydrology and Water Resources Management in a Changing World. 2018. ISBN 978-82-410-1724-7. Rapport (Norges vassdrags- og energidirektorat) (*).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Correlation between the shelter of juvenile salmonids and bed substrate. River Sedimentation: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation.
- (2017) Ice-Related Floods and Flood Delineation along Streams and Small Rivers. 19th Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2017) Monitoring river ice processes: Sharing experience to improve successful research programs. 19th Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2017) Stay cool Temperature changes and biological responses in hydropower-regulated northern stream systems. 2017. ISBN 978-82-7206-462-3. Skriftserien fra Høgskolen i Sørøst-Norge (21).
- (2017) Utfordringer og muligheter for norsk vannkraft ved integrasjon med vind- og solkraft i Europa. En oppsummering fra HydroPEAK-prosjektet. 2017. ISBN 978-82-426-3070-4. NINA temahefte (71).
- (2016) Is i Sautso – Vurdering av istilhøve 2006 – 2015 og forslag til vidare overvaking. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-098-2.
- (2016) Vurdering av effektkøyring i Lærdalselva. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-101-9.
- (2016) Miljøvirkninger av effektkjøring: Kunnskapsstatus og råd til forvaltning og industri. 2016. ISBN 978-82-426-2834-3. NINA temahefte (62).
- (2016) Be cool: hydro-physical changes and fish responses in winter in hydropower-regulated northern streams. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7206-410-4. Skriftserien fra Høgskolen i Sørøst-Norge (1).
- (2016) Virkning av klimaendringer på leveringskapasitet for vannforsyning fra Jonsvatnet og Benna. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7598-096-8.
- (2014) Handbook for environmental design in regulated salmon rivers. 2014. ISBN 978-82-426-2638-7. NINA temahefte (53).