Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching water resources in the basic course in water and environment, hydrology and hydrological modelling. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment, hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate and aspects of modelling water resources.
TVM4910 Master Hydraulic engineering
TVM4915 Master Hydropower Development
VM8109 Topics in ecohydraulics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Comparison between Topographic and Bathymetric LiDAR Terrain Models in Flood Inundation Estimations. Remote Sensing. vol. 14 (1).
- (2022) Assessment of flow ramping in water bodies impacted by hydropower operation in Norway – Is hydropower with environmental restrictions more sustainable?. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 832.
- (2022) Towards improving the calibration practice of conceptual hydrological models of extensive green roofs. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 607.
- (2022) Nordic hydrological frontier in the 21st century. Hydrology Research.
- (2021) Evaluating different machine learning methods to simulate runoff from extensive green roofs. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. vol. 25 (11).
- (2021) A synoptic history of the development, production and environmental oversight of hydropower in Brazil, Canada, and Norway. Hydrobiologia. vol. 849.
- (2021) Towards an automatic characterization of riverscape development by deep learning. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2021) Perspectives on the environmental implications of sustainable hydro-power: comparing countries, problems and approaches. Hydrobiologia. vol. 849.
- (2021) An acoustic sensor transmitter for in situ assessment of water quality and fish behaviour during chemical treatment of a parasite-infected river system: tag design and practical use. Animal Biotelemetry. vol. 9 (7).
- (2021) Classification of hydropeaking impacts on Atlantic salmon populations in regulated rivers. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2021) Hydrological performance of lined permeable pavements in Norway. Blue-Green Systems. vol. 3 (1).
- (2021) Hydropower-driven thermal changes, biological responses and mitigating measures in northern river systems. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 37 (5).
- (2021) A conflict between traditional flood measures and maintaining river ecosystems? A case study based upon the river Lærdal, Norway. Water. vol. 13 (14).
- (2021) Flood-forecasting and flood management for the Skienselva river system in Norway. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 28 (2).
- (2021) Drone surveying of volumetric ice growth in a steep river. Frontiers in Remote Sensing. vol. 2.
- (2021) Regionalized linear models for river depth retrieval using 3-band multispectral imagery and green lidar data. Remote Sensing. vol. 13 (19).
- (2021) Combining green LiDAR bathymetry, aerial images and telemetry data to derive mesoscale habitat characteristics for European grayling and brown trout in a Norwegian river. Hydrobiologia. vol. 849.
- (2021) Validation of a Swimming Direction Model for the Downstream Migration of Atlantic Salmon Smolts. Water. vol. 13 (9).
- (2020) PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020. The International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR). 2020. ISBN 978-82-7598-120-0. Proceedings of the IAHR International Symposium on ice (1).
- (2020) Hydrology and Water Resources Management in a Changing World. IWA Publishing. 2020. ISBN 9781789062168.
- (2018) Nordic Hydrological Conference 2018. Hydrology and Water Resources Management in a Changing World. 2018. ISBN 978-82-410-1724-7. Rapport (Norges vassdrags- og energidirektorat) (*).
Part of book/report
- (2022) Hydropower in Cold Regions. Comprehensive Renewable Energy, Second Edition.
- (2021) Assessment of regulation impacts on ice formation in river Alta, Norway. Proceedings of the 21st Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2021) Anchor ice dam survey in small steep rivers. Proceedings of the 21st Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2020) Modelling stranded river ice using LiDAR and drone-based models. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020.
- (2020) Reducing ice accumulation on Coanda Screen intakes. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020.