Background and activities
Post doctor since 2016 in the field of exercise physiology and biomechanics. Currently involved in technique in cycling.
Previously I have a masters degree in human movement science, also from NTNU. Before I started my Phd in 2012 I work some time as a lecturer at NTNU.
- Post doctor at SENTIF
- Test leader cycling in mid-norway.
Current research projects:
- Oxygen consumption in specific local muscles during cyclic movements.
- Muscle oxygen saturation during isolated upper body work.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The effect of cadence on shank muscle oxygen consumption and deoxygenation in relation to joint specific power and cycling kinematics. PLoS ONE. vol. 12:e0169573 (1).
- (2017) Effects of high-intensity training on physiological and hormonal adaptions in well-trained cyclists. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (6).
- (2016) Local muscle oxygen consumption related to external and joint specific power. Human Movement Science. vol. 45.
- (2016) Oxygenation, local muscle oxygen consumption and joint specific power in cycling: the effect of cadence at a constant external work rate. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 116 (6).
- (2016) The Effect of Different High-Intensity Periodization Models on Endurance Adaptations. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 48 (11).
- (2014) Changes in Technique and Efficiency After High-Intensity Exercise in Cross-Country Skiers. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) The Physiology and Biomechanics of Upper-Body Repeated Sprints in Ice Sledge Hockey. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 9 (1).
- (2013) On the relationship between upper-body strength, power and sprint performance in ice sledge hockey. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 27 (12).
Part of book/report
- (2016) Determination of the second lactate threshold in Norwegian ice sledge hockey players during upper-body poling. International congress on science and skiing - Book of Abstracts.
- (2016) Gender differences in rate of perceived exertion at the first and second lactate threshold during roller skiing. International congress on science and skiing - Book of Abstracts.
- (2014) The effect of cadence on hip, knee and ankle contribution during cycling exercise. Book of Abstracts of the 19th Annual Congress of theEuropean College of Sport Science – 2nd - 5th July 2014, Amsterdam – The Netherlands.
- (2013) Pulmonary oxygen consumption and oxygenation of upper-body muscles during isolated upper body poling at different exercise intensities. Book of Abstracts.18th annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science. 26th - 29th June, Barcelona - Spain.
- (2012) The Physiology of World Class Sledge Ice-Hockey. 17th annual Congress of the ECSS.
- (2012) Relationships between Upper-Body Maximal Strength, Power and Sprint Performance in Sledge Ice-Hockey. 17th annual Congress of the ECSS.
- (2016) Local muscle oxygen consumption and the relationship with joint specific power in cycling. 2016.