Background and activities
I am professor in hydrology at the department of hydraulic and enviornmental engineering. Responsible for teaching water resources in the basic course in water and environment, hydrology and hydrological modelling. Main research interests within environmental impact assessment, hydrology of rivers and lakes in cold climate and aspects of modelling water resources.
VM8109 Topics in ecohydraulics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) An acoustic sensor transmitter for in situ assessment of water quality and fish behaviour during chemical treatment of a parasite-infected river system: tag design and practical use. Animal Biotelemetry. vol. 9 (7).
- (2021) Hydropower-driven thermal changes, biological responses and mitigating measures in northern river systems. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 37 (5).
- (2021) A conflict between traditional flood measures and maintaining river ecosystems? A case study based upon the river Lærdal, Norway. Water. vol. 13 (14).
- (2021) Flood-forecasting and flood management for the Skienselva river system in Norway. International journal on hydropower and dams. vol. 28 (2).
- (2021) Combining green LiDAR bathymetry, aerial images and telemetry data to derive mesoscale habitat characteristics for European grayling and brown trout in a Norwegian river. Hydrobiologia.
- (2021) Validation of a Swimming Direction Model for the Downstream Migration of Atlantic Salmon Smolts. Water. vol. 13 (9).
- (2020) Can energy depletion of wild Atlantic salmon kelts negotiating hydropower facilities lead to reduced survival?. Sustainability. vol. 12 (18).
- (2020) Hydrology and water resources management in a changing world. Hydrology Research. vol. 51 (2).
- (2020) Assessing the effects of four SUDS scenarios on combined sewer overflows in Oslo, Norway: evaluating the low-impact development module of the mike urban model. Hydrology Research. vol. 51 (6).
- (2020) Can model-based data products replace gauge data as input to the hydrological model?. Hydrology Research. vol. 51 (2).
- (2020) Applicability of urban streets as temporary open floodways. Hydrology Research. vol. 51 (4).
- (2020) Hydrological impacts of climate change on small ungauged catchments - results from a global climate model-regional climate model-hydrologic model chain. Natural hazards and earth system sciences. vol. 20.
- (2020) PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020. The International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR). 2020. ISBN 978-82-7598-120-0. Proceedings of the IAHR International Symposium on ice (1).
- (2020) Hydrology and Water Resources Management in a Changing World. IWA Publishing. 2020. ISBN 9781789062168.
- (2018) Nordic Hydrological Conference 2018. Hydrology and Water Resources Management in a Changing World. 2018. ISBN 978-82-410-1724-7. Rapport (Norges vassdrags- og energidirektorat) (*).
Part of book/report
- (2022) Hydropower in Cold Regions. Comprehensive Renewable Energy 2nd Edition.
- (2021) Assessment of regulation impacts on ice formation in river Alta, Norway. Proceedings of the 21st Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2021) Anchor ice dam survey in small steep rivers. Proceedings of the 21st Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2020) Modelling stranded river ice using LiDAR and drone-based models. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020.
- (2020) Reducing ice accumulation on Coanda Screen intakes. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ICE Trondheim, Norway, 23rd – 25th November 2020.
- (2017) Incorporating ice effects in environmental flow indices. 19th Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2017) Correlation between the shelter of juvenile salmonids and bed substrate. River Sedimentation: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on River Sedimentation.
- (2017) Ice-Related Floods and Flood Delineation along Streams and Small Rivers. 19th Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.
- (2017) Monitoring river ice processes: Sharing experience to improve successful research programs. 19th Workshop on the Hydraulics of Ice Covered Rivers.