Background and activities
Konstantin Stadler is the manager and lead researcher of the Industrial Ecology Digital Laboratory at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (NTNU).
Konstantin leads activities in the digital lab:
- Consolidate and refine available digital infrastructure
- Establish code and data exchange standards
- Develop novel analysis tools for the Industrial Ecology Programme
His research focus on the environmental and social consequences of economic activities. He has contributed to the data compilation tasks for building the Environmentally Extended Multi-Regional Input-Output Database EXIOBASE 2 (fp7 project CREEA: Compiling and Refining Environmental and Economic Accounts) and served as a work package leader of the fp7 project DESIRE (Development of a System of Indicators for a Resource Efficient Europe) and GLAMURS (Green Lifestyles, Alternative Models and Upscaling Regional Sustainability). Konstantin also contributes to the EE MRIO application aspects within the fp7 project CARBON CAP (Consumption-based Accounting and Policy) and develops open source software for EE MRIO analysis. He has a PhD in Neuroscience from the Charite Berlin / FU Berlin.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Adding country resolution to EXIOBASE: impacts on land use embodied in trade. Journal of Economic Structures. vol. 9.
- (2020) Shifting economic activity to services has limited potential to reduce global environmental impacts due to the household consumption of labour. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 15 (6).
- (2020) Interferon-γacutely augments inhibition of neocortical layer 5 pyramidal neurons. Journal of Neuroinflammation. vol. 17 (1).
- (2020) Happier with less? Members of European environmental grassroots initiatives reconcile lower carbon footprints with higher life satisfaction and income increases. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 60.
- (2020) The structure, drivers and policy implications of the European carbon footprint. Climate Policy. vol. 20.
- (2019) Increasing impacts of land use on biodiversity and carbon sequestration driven by population and economic growth. Nature Ecology and Evolution. vol. 3 (4).
- (2019) Connecting global emissions to fundamental human needs and their satisfaction. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) The Environmental Impact of Green Consumption and Sufficiency Lifestyles Scenarios in Europe: Connecting Local Sustainability Visions to Global Consequences. Ecological Economics. vol. 164.
- (2019) Beyond peak emission transfers: historical impacts of globalization and future impacts of climate policies on international emission transfers. Climate Policy.
- (2019) Variation in trends of consumption based carbon accounts. Scientific Data. vol. 6.
- (2018) Nullius in Verba: Advancing Data Transparency in Industrial Ecology. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (1).
- (2018) Trade and the role of non-food commodities for global eutrophication. Nature Sustainability. vol. 1 (6).
- (2018) EXIOBASE 3: Developing a time series of detailed environmentally extended multi‐regional input‐output tables. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2018) Headline Environmental Indicators Revisited with the Global Multi-Regional Input-Output Database EXIOBASE. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2018) Towards robust, authoritative assessments of environmental impacts embodied in trade: Current state and recommendations. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2018) Prioritizing Consumption-Based Carbon Policy Based on the Evaluation of Mitigation Potential Using Input-Output Methods. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2018) Growth in Environmental Footprints and Environmental Impacts Embodied in Trade: Resource Efficiency Indicators from EXIOBASE3. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2017) Industrial ecology in integrated assessment models. Nature Climate Change. vol. 7.
- (2017) Mapping the carbon footprint of EU regions. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 12 (5).
- (2017) The Virtual IELab – an exercise in replicating part of the EXIOBASE V.2 production pipeline in a virtual laboratory. Economic Systems Research. vol. 29 (2).