Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5:e000368.
- (2017) Trace Elements in Early Phase Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – a Population-based Study. The HUNT Study in Norway. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 40.
- (2017) Use of Swedish smokeless tobacco (snus) and the risk of Type 2 diabetes and latent autoimmune diabetes of adulthood (LADA). Diabetic Medicine. vol. 34 (4).
- (2017) Trace element status in patients with type 2 diabetes in Norway: The HUNT3 Survey. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 41.
- (2017) Prolonged sitting may increase diabetes risk in physically inactive individuals: an 11 year follow-up of the HUNT Study, Norway. Diabetologia. vol. 60.
- (2016) Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in autoimmune and type 2 diabetes: The population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 101 (2).
- (2016) Exploring lifestyle and risk in preventing type 2 diabetes-a nested qualitative study of older participants in a lifestyle intervention program (VEND-RISK). BMC Public Health. vol. 16 (876).
- (2016) Blood pressure changes during 22-year of follow-up in large general population - the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. vol. 16.
- (2016) Anxiety and depressive symptoms as predictors of all-cause mortality among people with insulin-naïve type 2 diabetes: 17-year follow-up of the second Nord-Trøndelag health survey (HUNT2), Norway. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (8).
- (2016) Impact of sex and age on the performance of FINDRISC: The HUNT study in Norway. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Autoimmune diabetes in adults and risk of myocardial infarction: the HUNT study in Norway. Journal of Internal Medicine. vol. 280 (5).
- (2015) Sedentary behaviour and risk of mortality from all-causes and cardiometabolic diseases in adults: Evidence from the HUNT3 population cohort. British Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 49 (11).
- (2015) The chromosome 9p21 CVD- and T2D-associated regions in a Norwegian population (the HUNT2 survey). International Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 2015.
- (2015) Anxiety, depression and timing of insulin treatment among people with type 2 diabetes: Nine-year follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 79 (4).
- (2015) Glycaemic control in people with diabetes influences the beneficial role of physical activity on cardiovascular mortality. Prospective data from the HUNT Study, Norway. Primary Care Diabetes. vol. 9 (6).
- (2015) Ca, Mg and Fe blood levels in diabetic patients differ with disease duration and glucose-lowering treatment. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2015) Trace elements in whole blood in the general population in Nord-Trøndelag County, Norway – the HUNT3 Survey. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2014) Cross-sectional associations of total sitting and leisure screen time with cardiometabolic risk in adults. Results from the HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. vol. 17 (1).
- (2014) Trace elements in undiagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus (HUNT3). Toxicology Letters. vol. 229.
- (2014) Cohort profile of the Young-HUNT Study, Norway: A population-based study of adoelscents. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 43 (2).