Kristin Solum Steinsbekk
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Bioingeniørers erfaring og utbytte av undervisning i tverrfaglig samhandling. Bioingeniøren.
- (2015) A novel POLE mutation associated with cancers of colon, pancreas, ovaries and small intestine. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (3).
- (2015) A novel POLE variant, identified by exome sequencing, causes colorectal- and extra-colonic cancers. Familial Cancer. vol. 14 (1).
- (2015) Biobank consent models – are we moving toward increased participant engagement in biobanking?. Journal of Biorepository Science for Applied Medicine. vol. 3 (1).
- (2013) Broad consent versus dynamic consent in biobank research: Is passive participation an ethical problem?. European Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 21 (9).
- (2013) We're not in it for the money - lay people's moral intuitions on commercial use of 'their' biobank. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2012) Managing incidental findings in population based biobank research :. Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 21 (2).
- (2012) Skal genfunn ved genomforskning meldes tilbake til deltakerne?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 132.
- (2012) Peeking into the black box of privacy : biobank participants on the importance of recognition. Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 21 (2).
- (2011) Biobanks - when is re-consent necessary?. Public Health Ethics. vol. 4 (3).
- (2001) Sequence variation in the human uracil-DNA glycosylase (UNG) gene. Mutation Research (DNA Repair). vol. 461 (4).
- (2000) Analysis of uracil-DNA glycosylases from the murine UNG gene reveals differential expression in tissues and in embryonic development and a subcellular sorting pattern that differs from the human homologues. Nucleic Acids Research.
- (2000) Analysis of uracil-DNA glycosylases from the murine Ung-gene reveals differential expression in tissues and in embryonic development and a subcellular sorting pattern that differs from the human homologues. Nucleic Acids Research.
- (1999) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase. NATO Advances Study Institute series. Series A, Life sciences. vol. 302.
- (1999) Post-replicative base excision repair in replication foci. EMBO Journal. vol. 18 (13).
- (1998) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase:gene structure, regulation and structural basis for catalysis. 1998. DNA damage and repair: Oxygen Radical Effects, Cellular Prote ction and Biological Consequences..
Part of book/report
- (2009) From idealism to realism: Commercial ventures in publicly funded biobanks. New Challenges for Biobanks: Ethics, Law and Governance.
- (2013) Biobank Reserach Ethics, An examination of consent, commercial use and return of research results in the realm of population-based biobanks. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4339-1.