Background and activities
Kristoffer is a researcher on software systems for autonomous vehicles at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics at NTNU, with a broad expertise ranging from modelling and simulation, via programming, to guidance, navigation and control of robotic systems, but always focused on finding solutions to problems in the real world.
Both his MSc ("High Angle of Attack Landing of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle", 2015) and PhD ("Precision control of fixed-wing UAV and robust navigation in GNSSdenied environments", 2020) were performed at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU, on unmanned aerial vehicles (aka "drones"), with topics including guidance, navigation, control and modelling.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Unmanned Aircraft Flight Control Aided by Phased-Array Radio Navigation. Journal of Field Robotics (JFR). vol. 38 (1).
- (2020) Precision Deep-Stall Landing of Fixed-Wing UAVs using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. vol. 101.
- (2020) Autonomous ballistic airdrop of objects from a small fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicle. Autonomous Robots. vol. 44.
- (2019) Propulsion System Modeling for Small Fixed Wing UAVs. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2019) Field Test Results of GNSS-denied Inertial Navigation aided by Phased-array Radio Systems for UAVs. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2018) Aided Inertial Navigation of Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using an Ultra-Wideband Real Time Localization System. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings.
- (2018) Aerodynamic modeling of the Skywalker X8 Fixed-Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- (2017) LPV model reference control for fixed-wing UAVs. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) Robust Navigation of UAV using Inertial Sensors Aided by UWB and RTK GPS. AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, AIAA SciTech Forum.
- (2017) Impact of Atmospheric Icing on UAV Aerodynamic Performance. 2017 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS).
- (2016) Non-linear Model Predictive Control for Longitudinal and Lateral Guidance of a Small Fixed-Wing UAV in Precision Deep Stall Landing. AIAA Infotech at Aerospace 2016.
- (2015) High Angle of Attack Landing of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2015.