Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The impact of pain and catastrophizing on the long-term course of depression in the general population (the HUNT pain study). Pain.
- (2020) The Natural Course of Chronic Pain in a General Population: Stability and Change in an Eight-Wave Longitudinal Study Over Four Years (the HUNT Pain Study). Journal of Pain.
- (2019) The natural course of chronic pain in a general population: Stability and change in an eight-wave longitudinal study over four years (the HUNT pain study). Journal of Pain.
- (2019) Development and course of chronic widespread pain: the role of time and pain characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 160 (9).
- (2018) Catastrophizing, Solicitous Responses From Significant Others, and Function in Individuals With Neuropathic Pain, Osteoarthritis, or Spinal Pain in the General Population. Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (9).
- (2018) Development and course of chronic pain over 4 years in the general population: The HUNT pain study. European Journal of Pain. vol. 22 (9).
- (2017) Effectiveness of working memory training among subjects currently on sick leave due to complex symptoms. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7.
- (2017) Defining chronic pain in epidemiological studies: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pain. vol. 158 (11).
- (2016) Chronic widespread pain - the need for a standard definition. Pain. vol. 157 (3).
- (2013) Longitudinal Associations between Exercise and Pain in the General Population - The HUNT Pain Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (6).
- (2013) Chronic pain: One year prevalence and associated characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 4 (4).
- (2012) Contextual and time dependent pain in fibromyalgia: An explorative study. BMC Research Notes. vol. 5 (1).
- (2012) Estimating the prevalence of chronic pain: Validation of recall against longitudinal reporting (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 153 (7).
- (2011) Associations between Physical Activity and Physical and Mental Health - A HUNT 3 Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 43 (7).
- (2011) Associations between recreational exercise and chronic pain in the general population: Evidence from the HUNT 3 study. Pain. vol. 152 (10).
- (2010) The Association between Physical Activity and Health Related Quality of Life. A Population Based Study. Palliative Medicine. vol. 24 (4).
- (2008) Defense mechanisms in patients with fibromyalgia and major depressive disorder. European Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 22 (4).
- (2006) A long term follow-up of pain, depression and anxiety symptoms among fibromyalgia patients. European Journal of Pain. vol. 10 (1).
- (2008) Abstracts of the 12th World Congress on Pain: The long-term effect on pain of a guided imagery intervention in a 14 years fibromyalgia cohort. IASP 12 th World Congress of Pain. 2008. ISBN 978-0-931092-74-9.
- (2005) Abstracts of the 11th World Congress on Pain: The impact of psychological factors on disability compensations in fibromyalgia. 2005. ISBN 978-0-931092-64-0.