Lars Erik Holmedal
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Vortex dynamics and flow patterns in a two-dimensional oscillatory lid-driven rectangular cavity. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 79.
- (2019) Addendum to "Stokes transport in layers in the water column based on long-term wind statistics": assessment using long-term wave statistics. Oceanologia. vol. 61 (4).
- (2019) Effects of an inserted circular cylinder on a steady lid-driven rectangular cavity flow. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 700.
- (2018) Stokes transport in layers in the water column based on long-term wind statistics. Oceanologia. vol. 60 (3).
- (2017) Fluid flow in steady and oscillatory lid-driven square cavities. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 276 (1).
- (2016) Effects of water depth and spectral bandwidth on Stokes drift estimation based on short-term variation of wave conditions. Coastal Engineering. vol. 114.
- (2016) Analysis of Observed Streaming in Field Measurements. Journal of waterway, port, coastal, and ocean engineering. vol. 142 (3).
- (2015) Three-dimensional streaming in the seabed boundary layer beneath propagating waves with an angle of attack on the current. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 120 (6).
- (2015) Combined tidal and wind driven flows and residual currents. Ocean Modelling. vol. 89.
- (2015) Suspended sediments due to random waves including effects of second order wave asymmetry and boundary layer streaming. Ocean Engineering. vol. 104.
- (2014) Wave-induced current for long-crested and short-crested random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 81.
- (2014) A rational approach to seepage flow effects on bottom friction beneath random waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 47.
- (2014) Seepage effects on bedload sediment transport rate by random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 82.
- (2014) Stokes drift estimation for deep water waves based on short-term variation of wave conditions. Coastal Engineering. vol. 88.
- (2013) The seabed boundary layer beneath waves opposing and following a current. Continental Shelf Research. vol. 65.
- (2013) Combined tidal and wind driven flows and bedload transport over a flat bottom. Ocean Modelling. vol. 68.
- (2012) Numerical simulation of suspended particles around a circular cylinder close to a plane wall in the upper-transition flow regime. Coastal Engineering. vol. 61.
- (2012) Near-Bed Flow Mechanisms Around a Circular Marine Pipeline Close to a Flat Seabed in the Subcritical Flow Regime Using a k- Model. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 134 (2).
- (2011) A stochastic method for wave run-up on slender circular cylinders due to long-crested and short-crested non-linear random waves. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 225 (M4).
- (2011) Bottom friction and erosion beneath long-crested and short-crested nonlinear random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 38 (17-18).