Lars Struen Imsland
Background and activities
Lars Imsland has been a professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics since 2009. He has a PhD and an MSc in Engineering Cybernetics from NTNU. He belongs to the research group Control Systems.
- 2009–present: Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Professor at Department of Engineering Cybernetics.
- 2008–2009: Cybernetica AS, Trondheim, Specialist. Nonlinear model predictive control, automatic control in offshore drilling.
- 2004–2008: SINTEF ICT, Trondheim, Research Scientist. Estimation in automotive applications, power processes with CO2 capture.
- 2002–2004: Norwegian University of Science and Technology,Post.Doc. Control of power processes with CO2 capture.
- 1998–2002: Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Doctoral Student. Nonlinear control, control and optimization.
- 2000–2000: University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany, Visiting scholar.
Professional committees and memberships
- Co-chair of National Organizing Committee for 11th International IFAC Symposium on Dynamics and Control of Process and Bioprocess Systems (DYCOPS-CAB 2016), Trondheim, June 2016.
- Chair of National Organizing Committee for 1st IFAC Workshop on Automatic Control in Offshore Oil and Gas Production, Trondheim May 2012.
- Board member, Norwegian Society of Automatic Control, 2013–
- Reviewer for numerous journals and conferences, member of international program committee for conferences such as American Control Conference 2011, Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation 2014 and 2015, IFAC Adchem 2015, IFAC ACOOG 2015.
- Member of 9 PhD adjudication committees in Norway and abroad.
- Board member, Board of Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU, 1999–2001.
- 2008: Arch T. Colwell Merit Award, from the Society of Automotive Engineers.
- 2004: Automatica Outstanding Reviewer.
- 1998: PhD Scolarship from the Research Council of Norway.
- 1997: “Elf Studiepris”. Grant from Elf Aquitaine Norge A/S for “outstanding examination results”.
See my CV for more detailed information.