Background and activities
Sintef 1979-81; NTNU 1981-84 (MOBILE scholarship); SikTec (Safety consultans) 1984-85; NTNU 1985- . Sabbaticals @ Syney Univ 1986-87, Stanford Univ 1995-96, Stanford Univ 2003-04
Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Experimental Techniques, Interdisiplinary Teamwork
Teaching prizes in 2002 and 2006
Deputy Head of Department and Teaching Coordinator @ EPT 2005-09; Member of Study Program Executive Board; Member of Faculty of Mechanical Engineerin Executive Board 1996-2000; Board of Directors @ von Karman Institute
Reviewer international journals and confereces
See links for publications etc on the Norwegian version of this page
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Performance of the NREL S826 airfoil at low to moderate Reynolds numbers — A reference experiment for CFD models. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 75.
- (2019) Vertical Wind Profiles in Non-Neutral Conditions: Comparison of Models and Measurements From Frøya. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 141 (4).
- (2018) Evaluation of methods for estimating atmospheric stability at two coastal sites. Wind Engineering : The International Journal of Wind Power. vol. 42 (6).
- (2018) Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: effects of inflow turbulence and shear. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Wind tunnel study on power output and yaw moments for two yaw-controlled model wind turbines. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Validation of the real-time-response ProCap measurement system for full field wake scans behind a yawed model-scale wind turbine. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) A Detached-Eddy-Simulation study: Proper-Orthogonal-Decomposition of the wake flow behind a model wind turbine. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Blind test comparison on the wake behind a yawed wind turbine. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Experimental validation of analytical wake and downstream turbine performance modelling. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Wind in Complex Terrain - Lidar Measurements for Evaluation of CFD Simulations. Remote Sensing. vol. 10 (1).
- (2018) Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: redefining the wake width. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2017) Influence of turbulence intensity on wind turbine power curves. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Experimental study on power curtailment of three in-line turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 137 (C).
- (2017) Blind test comparison of the performance and wake flow between two in-line wind turbines exposed to different turbulent inflow conditions. Wind Energy Science. vol. 2.
- (2017) Experiments in the wind turbine far wake for the evaluation of an analytical wake model. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854 (1).
- (2017) The effect of rotational direction on the wake of a wind turbine rotor - a comparison study of aligned co- and counter rotating turbine arrays. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Wind tunnel investigation on the effect on the turbine tower on wind turbines wake symmetry. Wind Energy. vol. 20 (10).
- (2017) Numerical simulation of flow around the NREL S826 airfoil at moderate Reynolds number using delayed detached Eddy simulation (DDES). AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1863 (1).
- (2017) Comparative study on the wake deflection behind yawed wind turbine models. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 854.
- (2017) Lidars for Wind Tunnels - an IRPWind Joint Experiment Project. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.