Lars Roar Sætran
Background and activities
As I have retired, I do not take on neither new PhD students nor new Master thesis students
Sintef 1979-81; NTNU 1981-84 (MOBILE scholarship); SikTec (Safety consultans) 1984-85; NTNU 1985- . Sabbaticals @ Syney Univ 1986-87, Stanford Univ 1995-96, Stanford Univ 2003-04
Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Experimental Techniques, Interdisiplinary Teamwork
Teaching prizes in 2002 and 2006
Deputy Head of Department and Teaching Coordinator @ EPT 2005-09; Member of Study Program Executive Board; Member of Faculty of Mechanical Engineerin Executive Board 1996-2000; Board of Directors @ von Karman Institute
Reviewer international journals and confereces
See links for publications etc on the Norwegian version of this page
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) On the turbulence modelling of bubble plumes. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 229.
- (2020) Vortex interaction in the wake of a two- and three-bladed wind turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1669.
- (2020) Experimental and numerical icing penalties of an S826 airfoil at low Reynolds numbers. Aerospace. vol. 7 (46).
- (2020) An experimental study on the effects of winglets on the tip vortex interaction in the near wake of a model wind turbine. Wind Energy. vol. 23 (5).
- (2020) Comparing abnormalities in onshore and offshore vertical wind profiles. Wind Energy Science. vol. 5.
- (2019) Round-robin tests of porous disc models. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1256 (1).
- (2019) Performance of the NREL S826 airfoil at low to moderate Reynolds numbers — A reference experiment for CFD models. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 75.
- (2019) Vertical Wind Profiles in Non-Neutral Conditions: Comparison of Models and Measurements From Frøya. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 141 (4).
- (2019) Characteristics of abnormal vertical wind profiles at a coastal site. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1356 (1).
- (2018) Evaluation of methods for estimating atmospheric stability at two coastal sites. Wind Engineering : The International Journal of Wind Power. vol. 42 (6).
- (2018) Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: effects of inflow turbulence and shear. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Wind tunnel study on power output and yaw moments for two yaw-controlled model wind turbines. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Validation of the real-time-response ProCap measurement system for full field wake scans behind a yawed model-scale wind turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) A Detached-Eddy-Simulation study: Proper-Orthogonal-Decomposition of the wake flow behind a model wind turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Blind test comparison on the wake behind a yawed wind turbine. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) Experimental validation of analytical wake and downstream turbine performance modelling. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Wind in Complex Terrain - Lidar Measurements for Evaluation of CFD Simulations. Remote Sensing. vol. 10 (1).
- (2018) Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: redefining the wake width. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2017) Influence of turbulence intensity on wind turbine power curves. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Experimental study on power curtailment of three in-line turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 137 (C).