Background and activities
Lars Tingelstad works as an Associate Professor of Robotics in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. He works in the Robotics and Automation group led by Professor Olav Egeland.
Tingelstad's current research focuses on robotics and automation in the Norwegian and European manufacturing industry. More specifically on robotic welding and assembly, as well as bin-picking and 3-D vision.
Tingelstad received the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering from NTNU in 2011 and 2017, respectively. His Ph.D. thesis was on the estimation of rigid-body motions from the observation of 3-D geometric objects such as points, lines, planes, circles, and spheres, in conformal geometric algebra (Clifford algebra), supervised by Professor Olav Egeland.
Tingelstad has built two robots labs and contributed to several open-source projects, including ROS-Industrial (robot models and a real-time control interface for KUKA industrial robots) and Pymanopt (optimization on Lie-groups).
Tingelstad currently teaches the course TPK4170 - Robotics (Fall 2018).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Coarse Alignment for Model Fitting of Point Clouds Using a Curvature-Based Descriptor. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. vol. 16 (2).
- (2017) Initial Alignment of Point Clouds using Motors. Proceedings of the Computer Graphics International Conference 2017.
- (2017) Object Detection in Point Clouds Using Conformal Geometric Algebra. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (3).
- (2017) Automatic Differentiation and Optimization of Multivectors - Estimating Motors in Conformal Geometric Algebra. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2450-8.
- (2017) Automatic Multivector Differentiation and Optimization. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (1).
- (2017) Motor Estimation using Heterogeneous Sets of Objects in Conformal Geometric Algebra. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras. vol. 27 (3).
- (2014) Robotisert innretting og sveising av flymotordeler. Forum for automatisk produksjon . Norsk Industri og Norsk forening for automatisering (NFA); Gjøvik. 2014-08-27 - 2014-08-28.
- (2014) Intelligent Fault Correction and self Optimizing Manufacturing Systems (IFaCOM). IAS-13 Workshop: ROS-Industrial in European Research Projects . ROS Industrial Consortium Europe; Padova. 2014-07-15.
- (2014) Robotic Assembly of Aircraft Engine Components Using a Closed-loop Alignment Process. Procedia CIRP. vol. 23.
- (2013) Lasermålinger i automatisk produksjon. Maskineringsforum . Norsk Industri; Kristiansand. 2013-04-17 - 2013-04-18.
- (2013) Robotar får syn og samarbeidsevner. gemini.no [Internett]. 2013-05-27.
- (2012) Real-Time Robot Trajectory Generation with Python. IROS 2012 Workshop on Robot Motion Planning . Torsten Kröger; Vilamoura. 2012-10-07 - 2012-10-12.
- (2012) Robotisert sammenstilling av jetmotorkomponenter ved Volvo Aero. Forum for automatisk produksjon . NFA og Norsk Industri; Kongsberg. 2012-08-29 - 2012-08-30.
- (2012) Multi-Robot Assembly of High-Performance Aerospace Components. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 10 (1).
- (2012) Multi-Robot Assembly of High-Performance Aerospace Components. 10th IFAC Symposium on Robot Control ; Dubrovnik. 2012-09-05 - 2012-09-07.
- (2011) Development of a System for Automatic Assembly and Tack Welding of Aerospace Components. Annual European Conference for Scientists using Python . EuroSciPy; Paris. 2011-08-25 - 2011-08-28.