Lars Johan Vatten
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Life course trajectories of Maternal Cardiovascular Risk Factors according to Offspring Birthweight: The HUNT Study. Scientific Reports.
- (2020) Hospitals' Discharge Tendency and Risk of Death - An Analysis of 60,000 Norwegian Hip Fracture Patients. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 12.
- (2019) Rising rural body-mass index is the main driver of the global obesity epidemic in adults. Nature. vol. 569.
- (2019) Variation in serum PCSK9 (proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9), cardiovascular disease risk, and an investigation of potential unanticipated effects of PCSK9 inhibition. Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Weight and weight change and risk of atrial fibrillation: the HUNT study. European Heart Journal. vol. 40 (34).
- (2019) Metabolically Healthy Obesity and Risk for Atrial Fibrillation: The HUNT Study. Obesity. vol. 27 (2).
- (2019) Association of Conventional Cardiovascular Risk Factors with Cardiovascular Disease after Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy: Analysis of the Nord-Tr?ndelag Health Study. JAMA cardiology. vol. 4 (7).
- (2019) Random error units, extension of a novel method to express random error in epidemiological studies. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) The influence of obesity-related factors in the etiology of renal cell carcinoma-A mendelian randomization study. Nature Methods. vol. 16:e1002724 (1).
- (2019) Low thyroid function is not associated with an accelerated deterioration in renal function. Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. vol. 34 (4).
- (2019) Breast cancer risk after recent childbirth: A pooled analysis of 15 prospective studies. Annals of Internal Medicine. vol. 170 (1).
- (2019) Systematic assessment of prescribed medications and short-term risk of myocardial infarction - a pharmacopeia-wide association study from Norway and Sweden. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2018) Low free testosterone and prostate cancer risk: A collaborative analysis of 20 prospective studies. European Urology. vol. 74 (5).
- (2018) Contributions of mean and shape of blood pressure distribution to worldwide trends and variations in raised blood pressure: A pooled analysis of 1018 population-based measurement studies with 88.6 million participants. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (3).
- (2018) Does Prophylactic Radiation Therapy to Avoid Gynecomastia in Patients With Prostate Cancer Increase the Risk of Breast Cancer?. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. vol. 101 (1).
- (2018) Dietary intake and blood concentrations of antioxidants and the risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer, and all-cause mortality: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 108 (5).
- (2018) Body mass index, abdominal fatness, weight gain and the risk of psoriasis: a systematic review and dose–response meta-analysis of prospective studies. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 33 (12).
- (2018) Light-moderate alcohol consumption and left ventricular function among healthy, middle-aged adults: The HUNT study. BMJ Open. vol. 8.
- (2018) Life course trajectories of cardiovascular risk factors in women with and without hypertensive disorders in first pregnancy: The HUNT study in Norway. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 7 (15).
- (2018) White blood cell BRCA1 promoter methylation status and ovarian cancer risk. Annals of Internal Medicine. vol. 168 (5).