Background and activities
PI of the Trondheim Early Secure Study (TESS) https://www.ntnu.no/tidlig-trygg
Determinants for development and change in
- mental health problems in children and adolescents
- social inclusion and exclusion, peer relations and social competence
- school adjustment and the student-teacher relationship
- social media use and Internet gaming
- understanding and regulation of emotions
- attachment and attachment disorders
- executive functioning
- physical activity
- weight and eating
- spouse and parent-child relationships
Ongoing Research Projects
TESS - The Trondheim Early Secure Study https://www.ntnu.no/tidlig-trygg
Mental Health of Adolescents in Residential Youth Care https://www.ntnu.no/rkbu/psykisk-helse-hos-barn-i-barnevern
Young in Norway https://blogg.hioa.no/ung-i-norge
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Inhibitory Control Moderates the Effect of Anxiety on Vagally Mediated Heart Rate Variability: Findings from a Community Sample of Young School-Aged Children. Cognitive Therapy and Research.
- (2021) Persistent Short Sleep from Childhood to Adolescence: Child, Parent and Peer Predictors. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 13.
- (2021) Self-esteem in adolescents with reactive attachment disorder or disinhibited social engagement disorder. International Journal of Child Abuse & Neglect. vol. 118:105141.
- (2021) Prevalence and course of anxiety disorders and symptoms from preschool to adolescence: a 6-wave community study. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- (2020) Predictors of community versus specialty mental health service use: a prospective cohort study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Mediating role of depressive symptoms linking insecure attachment and disordered eating in adolescents: A multiwave longitudinal study. Development and Psychopathology.
- (2020) Prevalence and stability of insomnia from preschool to early adolescence: a prospective cohort study in Norway. BMJ Paediatrics Open. vol. 4 (1).
- (2020) The co-occurrence between symptoms of internet gaming disorder and psychiatric disorders in childhood and adolescence: prospective relations or common causes?. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. vol. 61 (8).
- (2020) Depression from preschool to adolescence – five faces of stability. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- (2020) Prevalence and stability of insufficient sleep measured by actigraphy: a prospective community study. Pediatric Research. vol. 88.
- (2020) Reactive attachment disorder and disinhibited social engagement disorder in adolescence: co-occurring psychopathology and psychosocial problems. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2020) Temperament as a predictor of eating behavior in middle childhood – A fixed effects approach. Appetite. vol. 150 (104640).
- (2020) The impact of social media use on appearance self-esteem from childhood to adolescence – A 3-wave community study. Computers in Human Behavior. vol. 114.
- (2019) Emotional Over- and Undereating in Children: A Longitudinal Analysis of Child and Contextual Predictors. Child Development. vol. 90 (6).
- (2019) Prospective Bidirectional Associations between Attachment and Depressive Symptoms from Middle Childhood to Adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. vol. 48.
- (2019) Parental predictors of children’s executive functioning from ages 6 to 10. British Journal of Developmental Psychology. vol. 37 (3).
- (2019) Time Spent Gaming and Social Competence in Children: Reciprocal Effects Across Childhood. Child Development.
- (2019) Association Between Objectively Measured Sleep Duration and Symptoms of Psychiatric Disorders in Middle Childhood. JAMA Network Open. vol. 2 (12).
- (2019) Validity of reactive attachment disorder and disinhibited social engagement disorder in adolescence. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2019) Perceived social support among adolescents in Residential Youth Care. Child & Family Social Work.