Background and activities
Researcher at the Unit for Molecular Biology, in the group for Bioinformatics and Gene Regulation, and in the K.G. Jebsen Center for Genetic Epidemiology.
Received a Ph.D. in bioinformatics and trained as a postdoctoral scientist at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim. His research interests focus on gene regulation, particularly on single nucleotide polymorphisms, alternative polyadenylation and non-coding RNAs such as microRNAs and circular RNAs, but also genetic variants such as Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNP), particulary SNP funcitonal changes, Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) and genotype quality control (QC).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Deciphering osteoarthritis genetics across 826,690 individuals from 9 populations. Cell. vol. 184.
- (2021) A genome-wide association study with 1,126,563 individuals identifies new risk loci for Alzheimer's disease. Nature Genetics.
- (2020) Mitochondrial genome-wide association study of migraine – the HUNT Study. Cephalalgia. vol. 40 (6).
- (2020) Development and validation of a prediction model for incident hand osteoarthritis in the HUNT study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. vol. 28 (7).
- (2020) Genetic Architecture of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in the Million Veteran Program. Circulation. vol. 142 (17).
- (2019) Genome-wide association study of psoriasis suggests a new risk locus on chromosome 10: The HUNT Study. Forum for Nordic Dermato-Venereology. vol. 24 (2).
- (2016) The importance of p53 pathway genetics in inherited and somatic cancer genomes. Nature Reviews Cancer. vol. 16 (4).
- (2014) The eGenVar data management system--cataloguing and sharing sensitive data and metadata for the life sciences. Database: The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation.
- (2014) Circular RNAs are depleted of polymorphisms at microRNA binding sites. Bioinformatics. vol. 30 (16).
- (2012) Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Can Create Alternative Polyadenylation Signals and Affect Gene Expression through Loss of MicroRNA-Regulation. PLoS Computational Biology. vol. 8 (8).
- (2011) Inferring causative variants in microRNA target sites. Nucleic Acids Research (NAR). vol. 39 (16).
- (2009) A Risk Variant in an miR-125b Binding Site in BMPR1B Is Associated with Breast Cancer Pathogenesis. Cancer Research. vol. 69 (18).
- (2012) Effects of single-nucleotide polymorphisms on microRNA-based gene regulation and their association with disease. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-3932-5. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2012:307).