Background and activities
Fields of interest
Thermodynamics and phase relations of alloy and slag systems in metallurgical processes;
Heterogenous reactions pertaining to materials production based on use of natural gas.
Production of metals, alloys and carbides from oxide or sulfide ores.
Reaction kinetics, carbothermal reactions and electric smelting.
Use of Natural Gas in metallurgy.
- TMT4330 - Resources, Energy and Environment
- MT8218 - Advanced Materials Science
- TMT4500 - Materials Technology, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Kinetics Analysis of Steam Reforming of Methane on Sponge Iron. ISIJ International. vol. 62 (3).
- (2021) The Utilization of Bauxite Residue with a Calcite-Rich Bauxite Ore in the Pedersen Process for Iron and Alumina Extraction. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 52B.
- (2021) Evaluation of Calcium Aluminate Slags and Pig Irons Produced from the Smelting-Reduction of Diasporic Bauxite. Materials. vol. 14 (24).
- (2021) Behavior of Slag in Ferromanganese and Silicomanganese Smelting Process. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 52B (5).
- (2021) C–O–H2 ternary diagram for evaluation of carbon activity in CH4-containing gas mixtures. Journal of Materials Research and Technology (JMR&T). vol. 13.
- (2021) Phase Transitions and Microstructural Changes During Oxidation and Reduction of a Weathered Ilmenite Concentrate. Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (MME). vol. 38.
- (2020) The beginning and the end of the aluminium value chain. Matériaux & Techniques. vol. 108 (506).
- (2020) On the Direct Reduction Phenomena of Bauxite Ore Using H2 Gas in a Fixed Bed Reactor. Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy. vol. 6 (2).
- (2020) Steam reforming of methane on sponge iron: Influence of gas composition on reaction rate. ISIJ International. vol. 61 (1).
- (2019) Leaching characteristics and mechanism of the synthetic calcium-aluminate slags for alumina recovery. Hydrometallurgy. vol. 185.
- (2019) The (love & hate) role of entropy in process metallurgy. Matériaux & Techniques. vol. 107 (5).
- (2018) Characteristics of Calcium-Aluminate Slags and Pig Iron Produced from Smelting-Reduction of Low-Grade Bauxites. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 49 (5).
- (2018) Kinetics of simultaneous methane reforming and iron carburization in direct reduction. ISIJ International. vol. 31.
- (2016) Reduction of Norwegian and Indian ilmenite with carbon monoxide and hydrogen gas blends. Canadian metallurgical quarterly. vol. 55 (4).
- (2015) Exergy based efficiency indicators for the silicon furnace. Energy. vol. 90.
- (2015) Microscopic Study of Carbon Surfaces Interacting with High Carbon Ferromanganese Slag. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 46B.
- (2012) Use of Natural Gas with High CO2 Content in an Integrated Industrial Park. ISIJ International. vol. 52 (8).
- (2012) Thermodynamic activities in silicon binary melts. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 47 (14).
- (2011) Wetting Behavior of Sintered Nanocrystalline Powders by Armco Fe and 22CrNiMoV5-3 Steel Grade Using Sessile Drop wettability Technique. ISIJ International. vol. 51 (5).
- (2011) Liquidus of Silicon Binary Systems. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 42 (4).