Background and activities
Fields of interest
Thermodynamics and phase relations of alloy and slag systems in metallurgical processes;
Heterogenous reactions pertaining to materials production based on use of natural gas.
Production of metals, alloys and carbides from oxide or sulfide ores.
Reaction kinetics, carbothermal reactions and electric smelting.
Use of Natural Gas in metallurgy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The Utilization of Bauxite Residue with a Calcite-Rich Bauxite Ore in the Pedersen Process for Iron and Alumina Extraction. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 52.
- (2021) Phase Transitions and Microstructural Changes During Oxidation and Reduction of a Weathered Ilmenite Concentrate. Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (MME).
- (2020) The beginning and the end of the aluminium value chain. Matériaux & Techniques. vol. 108 (506).
- (2020) On the Direct Reduction Phenomena of Bauxite Ore Using H2 Gas in a Fixed Bed Reactor. Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy. vol. 6 (2).
- (2020) Steam reforming of methane on sponge iron: Influence of gas composition on reaction rate. ISIJ International. vol. 61 (1).
- (2019) Leaching characteristics and mechanism of the synthetic calcium-aluminate slags for alumina recovery. Hydrometallurgy. vol. 185.
- (2019) The (love & hate) role of entropy in process metallurgy. Matériaux & Techniques. vol. 107 (5).
- (2018) Characteristics of Calcium-Aluminate Slags and Pig Iron Produced from Smelting-Reduction of Low-Grade Bauxites. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 49 (5).
- (2018) Kinetics of simultaneous methane reforming and iron carburization in direct reduction. ISIJ International. vol. 31.
- (2016) Reduction of Norwegian and Indian ilmenite with carbon monoxide and hydrogen gas blends. Canadian metallurgical quarterly. vol. 55 (4).
- (2015) Exergy based efficiency indicators for the silicon furnace. Energy. vol. 90.
- (2015) Microscopic Study of Carbon Surfaces Interacting with High Carbon Ferromanganese Slag. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 46B.
- (2012) Use of Natural Gas with High CO2 Content in an Integrated Industrial Park. ISIJ International. vol. 52 (8).
- (2012) Thermodynamic activities in silicon binary melts. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 47 (14).
- (2011) Wetting Behavior of Sintered Nanocrystalline Powders by Armco Fe and 22CrNiMoV5-3 Steel Grade Using Sessile Drop wettability Technique. ISIJ International. vol. 51 (5).
- (2011) Liquidus of Silicon Binary Systems. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 42 (4).
- (2010) Modelling of DRI Processes with Two Simoultaneously Active Reducing Gases. Steel Research International. vol. 81 (10).
- (2010) Update on the Equilibrium between Liquid Fe-Ti-O Slags and Metallic Iron. Steel Research International. vol. 81 (12).
- (2009) Progress in the development and use of grain refiner based on cerium sulphide or titanium compound for carbon steel. ISIJ International. vol. 49 (7).
- (2009) Kinetics and mechanism of the simultaneous carbothermic reduction of FeO and MnO from high-carbon ferromanganese slag. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 40 (6).