Lillian Sve Rokseth
Background and activities
Lillian Rokseth is a Ph.D. Candidate at the Research Centre for Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (FME-ZEN) at NTNU in Trondheim. Rokseth holds the degree M.Sc. in Architecture from NTNU from 2010 and has several years of experience from architectural practice.
Her research is focused on urban form and spatial morphology and its implications for energy consumption and carbon emissions at the scale of neighbourhoods.
Lillian Rokseth is involved in the research group for Spatial Morphology Studies in FME-ZEN (FME-ZEN). SMS-ZEN works on modelling and analyses of topological properties of urban space. Based on GIS-based models of street-networks, topography, land-use and building-layouts, various measures of density, accessibility and proximity are developed, measures that according to research are decisive for sustainable urban development. The studies aim to identify spatial indicators mapping potentials for urban environment to be attractive places to live and work and where daily life is handled by sustainable modes of transport. The latter implies paying particular attention to walkability/bikeability. The spatial indicators can be applied to compare likely effects of alternative urban development proposals. Besides providing methods and data useful for research within ZEN, the studies include visualization-methods making the results easily accessible for multiple disciplines working on planning and design on neighbourhood and city-scale.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Assessing cities: Applying GIS-based methods for mapping cross-scale spatial indicators. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) USING REALISTIC TRAVEL-TIME THRESHOLDS IN ACCESSIBILITY MEASURES OF BICYCLE ROUTE NETWORKS. Proceedings of the 12th Space Syntax Symposium 2019 ; Beijing. 2019-07-08 - 2019-07-13.
- (2019) Assessing cities: Applying GIS-based methods for mapping cross-scale spatial indicators. The 1st Nordic Conference on Zero Emission and Plus Energy Buildings . NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-11-06 - 2019-11-08.
- (2019) Properties of Urban Form Influencing Carbon Emissions: Implementing a GIS-based Method. Proceedings of the 12th Space Syntax Symposium 2019 ; Beijing. 2019-07-08 - 2019-07-13.
- (2017) CO2 emission and correlation to building form and spatial morphology at neighborhood scale. ZEN Partnerseminar . FME ZEN; Quality Hotel Augustin, Kongensgate 26, Trondheim. 2017-11-21 - 2017-11-22.