Background and activities
- Bachelor of Nursing -2005 (Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag)
- Nurse - 2005-2008 (St. Olavs Hospital)
- Master of Health Science (Environmental Health) - 2009 (Queensland University of Technology - QUT)
- Research Assistant - 2009-2010 (QUT)
- Master of Applied Science (Research) - 2011 (QUT)
- PhD in Community Medicine - 2011-2014 (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Postodoctoral Fellow 2015 - (NTNU)
- Associate Professor 2017 - (NTNU)
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Environnmental health
- Sleep epidemiology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Mendelian randomization
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Mendelian Randomization (MR) research group
- Insomnia, cardiovascular disease and dementia
- Asthma and risk of cardiovascular disease
- Mendelian randomization on sleep, cancer and depression
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Prospective study of insomnia and incident asthma in adults: The HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 49 (2).
- (2017) Insomnia and the risk of Breast Cancer: the HUNT study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 79 (4).
- (2017) Time to publication for publicly funded clinical trials in Australia: an observational study. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (e012212).
- (2016) Cardiac function associated with previous, current and repeated depression and anxiety symptoms in a healthy population: the HUNT study. Open heart. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Associations of Insomnia Symptoms With Blood Pressure and Resting Heart Rate: The HUNT Study in Norway. Behavioural Sleep Medicine.
- (2016) Insomnia and left ventricular function – an echocardiography study. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 50 (3).
- (2016) Short-Term Public Health Impact of the July 22, 2011, Terrorist Attacks in Norway: A Nationwide Register-Based Study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 78 (5).
- (2016) Self-reported sleep duration and coronary heart disease mortality: A large cohort study of 400,000 Taiwanese adults. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 207.
- (2016) Sleep duration, sleep quality and coronary heart disease mortality. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 223.
- (2015) Depression symptoms and subclinical left ventricular diastolic function in healthy adults. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. vol. 14.
- (2015) Sleep disturbances and glucose metabolism in older adults: The cardiovascular health study. Diabetes Care. vol. 38 (11).
- (2014) Insomnia and the risk of incident heart failure: a population study. European Heart Journal. vol. 35 (21).
- (2014) Insomnia symptoms and risk for unintentional fatal injuries-The HUNT study. Sleep. vol. 37 (11).
- (2013) Insomnia Symptoms and Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Healthy Individuals: The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Sleep. vol. 36 (1).
- (2012) Insomnia and the risk of heart failure, a population study. Circulation. vol. 125 (19).
- (2012) Insomnia and Endothelial Function - The HUNT 3 Fitness Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 7 (12).
- (2012) Maternal Exposure to Ambient Temperature and the Risks of Preterm Birth and Stillbirth in Brisbane, Australia. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 175 (2).
- (2012) The association of insomnia and peak oxygen uptake. Circulation. vol. 125 (19).
- (2011) Methodological challenges when estimating the effects of season and seasonal exposures on birth outcomes. BMC Medical Research Methodology. vol. 11 (49).
- (2011) The influence of season and ambient temperature on birth outcomes: A review of the epidemiological literature. Environmental Research. vol. 111 (3).