Linn Beate Strand
Background and activities
- Bachelor of Nursing - 2005 (Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag)
- Nurse - 2005-2008 (St. Olavs Hospital)
- Master of Health Science - 2009 (QUT)
- Master of Applied Science (Research) - 2011 (QUT)
- PhD in Community Medicine - 2011-2014 (NTNU)
- Postodoctoral Fellow 2015-2019 (NTNU)
- Associate Professor 2017 - (NTNU)
- Honorary Research Fellow 2019 - (University of Bristol)
Areas of interest
- Environnmental health
- Sleep epidemiology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Respiratory epidemiology
- Mendelian randomization
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Mendelian Randomization (MR) research group
- Insomnia, cardiovascular disease and dementia
- Asthma and risk of cardiovascular disease
- Mendelian randomization on sleep, cancer and depression
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Asthma, asthma control and risk of acute myocardial infarction: HUNT study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 34 (10).
- (2019) Weight and weight change and risk of atrial fibrillation: the HUNT study. European Heart Journal. vol. 40 (34).
- (2019) Metabolically Healthy Obesity and Risk for Atrial Fibrillation: The HUNT Study. Obesity. vol. 27 (2).
- (2019) Symptoms of anxiety and depression and risk of atrial fibrillation-the HUNT study. International Journal of Cardiology.
- (2019) Biological and clinical insights from genetics of insomnia symptoms. Nature Genetics. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) Investigating causal relations between sleep traits and risk of breast cancer in women: Mendelian randomisation study. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 365:l2327.
- (2019) Systematic assessment of prescribed medications and short-term risk of myocardial infarction - a pharmacopeia-wide association study from Norway and Sweden. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Genome-wide association analysis of self-reported daytime sleepiness identifies 42 loci that suggest biological subtypes. Nature Communications. vol. 10:3503.
- (2018) Associations of asthma and asthma control with atrial fibrillation risk: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT). JAMA cardiology. vol. 3 (8).
- (2018) Light-moderate alcohol consumption and left ventricular function among healthy, middle-aged adults: The HUNT study. BMJ Open. vol. 8.
- (2018) Associations of Insomnia Symptoms With Blood Pressure and Resting Heart Rate: The HUNT Study in Norway. Behavioural Sleep Medicine. vol. 16 (5).
- (2018) Is having asthma associated with an increased risk of dying from cardiovascular disease? A prospective cohort study of 446 346 Taiwanese adults. BMJ Open. vol. 8:e019992 (5).
- (2017) Prospective study of insomnia and incident asthma in adults: The HUNT study. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 49 (2).
- (2017) Insomnia and the risk of Breast Cancer: the HUNT study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 79 (4).
- (2017) Time to publication for publicly funded clinical trials in Australia: an observational study. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (3).
- (2016) Cardiac function associated with previous, current and repeated depression and anxiety symptoms in a healthy population: the HUNT study. Open heart. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Insomnia and left ventricular function – an echocardiography study. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 50 (3).
- (2016) Short-Term Public Health Impact of the July 22, 2011, Terrorist Attacks in Norway: A Nationwide Register-Based Study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 78 (5).
- (2016) Self-reported sleep duration and coronary heart disease mortality: A large cohort study of 400,000 Taiwanese adults. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 207.
- (2016) Sleep duration, sleep quality and coronary heart disease mortality. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 223.