Ruca Elisa Katrin Maass
Background and activities
My professional background includes a Bachelor in Occuptional Therapy, a Master's degree in SOcial and Community Psychology and a Phd in Health Science.
Main research interests include Public Health, Health Promotion, the Social determinants of health and Salutogenesis, as well as societal conditions for participation at various levels, settings and for various social groups.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Addressing Inequity: Evaluation of an Intervention to Improve Accessability and Quality of a Green Space. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 16 (24).
- (2018) Governance for public health and health equity: The Tröndelag model for public health work. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (22).
- (2017) Neighborhood-resources for the development of a strong SOC and the importance of understanding why and how resources work: a grounded theory approach. BMC Public Health. vol. 17 (704).
- (2016) The impact of neighborhood social capital on life satisfaction and self-rated health: A possible pathway for health promotion?. Health and Place. vol. 42.
- (2014) Exploring the relationship between perceptions of neighbourhood-resources, sense of coherence and health for different groups in a Norwegian neighbourhood. Journal of Public Health Research. vol. 3 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Kohärenzsinn und Alltagserlebnisse. Salutogenese kennen und verstehen.
- (2016) The Application of salutogenesis in vocational rehabilitation settings. Handbook of Salutogenesis.
- (2016) The Application of Salutogenesis in Cities and Towns. Handbook of Salutogenesis.
- (2019) Implementing Triple-Win Case Studies for Living, Moving and Consuming that Encourage Behavioural Change, Protect the Environment, and Promote Health and Health Equity. 2019.
- (2019) Helse og livskvalitet i Malvik kommune 2018 - LEV VEL. 2019. ISBN 978-82-93158-46-2. Rapportserie fra senter for helsefremmende forskning HiST/NTNU (02).
- (2013) Helse og livskvalitet i Malvik kommune 2012 - Lev Vel. 2013. ISBN 978-82-93158-15-8. Rapportserie fra senter for helsefremmende forskning HiST/NTNU (1).