Magnus Borstad Lilledahl
Background and activities
Our main research goal is to develop clinical applications of advanced optical imaging techniques with a special emphasis on non-linear microscopy.
Clinical applications of nonlinear microscopy
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The effect of captions and written text on viewing behavior in educational videos. LUMAT: International Journal on Math, Science and Technology Education. vol. 7 (1).
- (2018) Characterization of cellular and matrix alterations in the early pathogenesis of osteochondritis dissecans in pigs using second harmonic generation and two-photon excitation fluorescence microscopy. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. vol. 36 (8).
- (2018) Comparison of compressive stress-relaxation behavior in osteoarthritic (ICRS graded) human articular cartilage. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 19 (2).
- (2018) Automated calibration and control for polarization-resolved second harmonic generation on commercial microscopes. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (4).
- (2018) Analyzing the feasibility of discriminating between collagen types I and II using polarization‐resolved second harmonic generation. Journal of Biophotonics.
- (2017) Non-linear optical microscopy of cartilage canals in the distal femur of young pigs may reveal the cause of articular osteochondrosis. BMC Veterinary Research. vol. 13.
- (2017) The effect of changing the numerical aperture in SHG microscopy of cartilage. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10069.
- (2017) Non-linear optical microscopy as a novel quantitative and label-free imaging modality to improve the assessment of tissue-engineered cartilage. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. vol. 25 (10).
- (2016) Second harmonic generation imaging reveals a distinct organization of collagen fibrils in locations associated with cartilage growth. Connective Tissue Research. vol. 57 (5).
- (2015) Alterations in collagen fibre patterns in breast cancer. A premise for tumour invasiveness?. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 123 (1).
- (2015) Optical investigation of osteoarthritic human cartilage (ICRS grade) by confocal Raman spectroscopy: a pilot study. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. vol. 407 (26).
- (2015) Nonlinear optical microscopy of early stage (ICRS Grade-I) osteoarthritic human cartilage. Biomedical Optics Express. vol. 6 (5).
- (2015) Polarization second harmonic generation microscopy provides quantitative enhanced molecular specificity for tissue diagnostics. Journal of Biophotonics. vol. 8 (9).
- (2015) Single Cell Confocal Raman Spectroscopy of Human Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes: A Preliminary Study. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 16 (5).
- (2015) Second harmonic generation imaging in tissue engineering and cartilage pathologies. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 9329.
- (2015) Novel imaging technologies for characterization of microbial extracellular polysaccharides. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 6 (MAY).
- (2014) Ultrasound-enhanced drug delivery in prostate cancer xenografts by nanoparticles stabilizing microbubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 187.
- (2014) Mueller matrix three-dimensional directional imaging of collagen fibers. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 19 (2).
- (2014) Analysis of human knee osteoarthritic cartilage using polarization sensitive second harmonic generation microscopy. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9129.
- (2014) Biochemical and Structural Characterization of Neocartilage Formed by Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Alginate Hydrogels. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (3).