Background and activities
My thesis topic is diet, inflammation and antioxidant status in Atlantic salmon. I use molecular biology, histology, bioinformatics, immunology and protein assays to understand the mechanisms of the effects of nutrients on fish physiology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Soy isoflavones and cholecalciferol reduce inflammation, and gut permeability, without any effect on antioxidant capacity in irritable bowel syndrome: A randomized clinical trial. Clinical Nutrition ESPEN.
- (2019) Dietary fatty acid source has little effect on the development of the immune system in the pyloric caeca of Atlantic salmon fry. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (27).
- (2019) Effects of Vitamin D supplementation in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. International Journal of Preventive Medicne. vol. 10 (1).
- (2017) The Effects of Antioxidants Supplementation on Asymmetric Dimethylarginine, Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and C-reactive protein Levels in Female Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research.
- (2016) Co-Administration of soy isoflavones and Vitamin D in management of irritable bowel disease. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (8).