Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The causal role of smoking on the risk of hip or knee replacement due to primary osteoarthritis: a Mendelian randomisation analysis of the HUNT study. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. vol. 25 (6).
- (2017) Investigating the causal effect of smoking on hay fever and asthma: A Mendelian randomization meta-analysis in the CARTA consortium. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:2224.
- (2016) HUNTing for Genes that Affect Psoriasis in ~2,900 Cases and ~48,000 Controls. Forum for Nordic dermato-venerology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2016) Exome chip analyses in adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Translational psychiatry. vol. 6 (e923).
- (2015) Identification of lung cancer histology-specific variants applying Bayesian framework variant prioritization approaches within the TRICL and ILCCO consortia. Carcinogenesis. vol. 36 (11).
- (2015) Effect of Smoking on Blood Pressure and Resting Heart Rate: A Mendelian Randomization Meta-Analysis in the CARTA Consortium. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics. vol. 8 (6).
- (2015) Heavier smoking may lead to a relative increase in waist circumference: Evidence for a causal relationship from a Mendelian randomisation meta-analysis. The CARTA consortium. BMJ Open. vol. 5:e008808 (8).
- (2014) Investigating the possible causal association of smoking with depression and anxiety using Mendelian randomisation meta-analysis: the CARTA consortium. BMJ Open. vol. 4 (10).
- (2014) Stratification by smoking status reveals an association of CHRNA5-A3-B4 genotype with body mass index in never smokers. PLoS Genetics. vol. 10 (12).
- (2014) Rare variants of large effect in BRCA2 and CHEK2 affect risk of lung cancer. Nature Genetics. vol. 46 (7).
- (2014) Causal associations of tobacco smoking with cardiovascular risk factors: a Mendelian randomization analysis of the HUNT Study in Norway. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 43 (5).
- (2013) The causal role of smoking in anxiety and depression: a Mendelian randomization analysis of the HUNT study. Psychological Medicine. vol. 43 (4).
- (2013) Association between a 15q25 gene variant, nicotine-related habits, lung cancer and COPD among 56 307 individuals from the HUNT study in Norway. European Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 21 (11).
- (2012) Genome-wide association scans identify novel maternal susceptibility loci for preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 2 (3).
- (2012) Lung cancer and DNA repair genes: multilevel association analysis from the International Lung Cancer Consortium. Carcinogenesis. vol. 33 (5).
- (2012) Influence of common genetic variation on lung cancer risk: meta-analysis of 14 900 cases and 29 485 controls. Human Molecular Genetics. vol. 21 (22).
- (2010) Association between a 15q25 gene variant, smoking quantity and tobacco-related cancers among 17 000 individuals. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 39 (2).
- (2008) Lung cancer susceptibility locus at 5p15.33. Nature Genetics. vol. 40 (12).
- (2008) Investigation of the fine structure of European populations with applications to disease association studies. European Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 16 (12).
- (2008) A susceptibility locus for lung cancer maps to nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit genes on 15q25. Nature. vol. 452.