Background and activities
A FORM FINDING METHODS IN CONCEPTUAL DESIGNING
In the Conceptual Structural Designing Group I am developing form finding methods with the special focus on the shells and long span structures. My work is to investigate a new numerical methods, which will make better use of digital fabrication and mass customization.
- creating better numerical methods for form finding
- improving the quality of the building process
- adjusting parametric platform for structural engineering according to manufacturing changes
- developing better usage of the BIM and FEM due to the digital fabrication
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2017) Digital Structural Conceptual Design. Footbridges for Berlin.
- (2017) WHY WE WILL ALL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB SOON, TRUE STORY BASED ON STUDY CASE OF ORKDAL FOOTBRIDGE. Footbridge 2017 Berlin - Tell A Story, conference proceedings.
- (2017) One algorithm, two timber bridges built in Orkdal, Norway. Forum Wood Building / Nordic Trondheim 17.