Background and activities
I am currently a PostDoc at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, working on the improvement of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFC). The objective is to use newly developed gas diffusion layers manufactured with additive manufacturing methods to enhance transport processes inside the PEMFC for a better overall efficiency. In my PhD studies, I worked on developing new flow field plate designs for PEMFCs using nature-inspired chemical engineering principles. Tree-like structures based on the human lung were used to provide a uniform fuel distribution to the underlying layers in the fuel cell. Furthermore, I modeled and analyzed the PEMFC with non-equilibrium thermodynamics, showing the importance of coupling terms such as Dufour and Peltier effects.
Before I came to Norway, I graduated in Petroleum Engineering, specializing in drilling engineering.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Scaling factors for channel width variations in tree-like flow field patterns for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells - An experimental study. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- (2020) Fractal-Like Flow-Fields with Minimum Entropy Production for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells. Entropy. vol. 22 (2).
- (2020) Flow field patterns for proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Frontiers in Energy Research. vol. 8:13.
- (2020) Seeking minimum entropy production for a tree-like flow-field in a fuel cell. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 22 (13).
- (2020) The Impact of Peltier and Dufour Coefficients on Heat Fluxes and Temperature Profiles in the Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 167 (14).
- (2019) Modelling Electrochemical Cells with Porous Electrodes. The Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell. ECS Transactions. vol. 92 (8).
- (2021) Peltier and Dufour Effects in the Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell. Twenty-First Symposium on Thermophysical Properties ; 2021-06-20 - 2021-06-26.
- (2021) The Impact of Peltier and Dufour Coefficients on Heat Fluxes and Temperature Profiles in the Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells. 14th International Meeting on Thermodiffusion ; 2021-05-25 - 2021-05-27.
- (2020) Non-isothermal Battery Modelling. InterPore 2020 ; 2020-08-31 - 2020-09-04.
- (2020) PEM fuel cell performance studies of a tree-like pattern milled on graphite flow field plates. InterPore2020 . InterPore; 2020-08-31 - 2020-09-04.
- (2019) Organisers International Workshop. Nonequilibrium Thermodynamis for Porous Media, PoreLab, NTNU . PoreLab, NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-10-29 - 2019-10-30.
- (2019) Modelling Electrochemical Cells with Porous Electrodes. 236th ECS Meeting . The Electrochemical Society; Atlanta. 2019-10-12 - 2019-10-17.
- (2019) Seeking minimum entropy production for flow-field patterns and their geometries in fuel cells. Interpore 2019 ; Valencia, Spain. 2019-05-06 - 2019-05-10.
- (2019) Flow Field Patterns for Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cells. NTNU Team Hydrogen Annual Workshop . NTNU Team Hydrogen; 2019-12-02 - 2019-12-03.
- (2019) Seeking minimum entropy production for a tree-like flow-field in a fuel cell. Nonequilibrium Thermodynamis for Porous Media, PoreLab, NTNU . PoreLab, NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-08-29 - 2019-08-30.
- (2018) A Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamic Approach for the Re-Design of Membrane Systems. Twentienth Symposium on Thermophysical Properties ; 2018-06-25 - 2018-06-29.