Marcos Xosé Álvarez Cid
Background and activities
Senior professional on European R&D funding with a proven track-record of granted projects in the last 8 years. Expertise in this field is supported by a research career focused on the development of image analysis algorithms for environmental and industrial applications, with special emphasis in the agrifood and water sectors. Subjects covered include hyperspectral imaging, computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition, texture analysis, 3D representation, IoT and AI. Co-author of more than 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2013) Texture description through histograms of equivalent patterns. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision. vol. 45 (1).
- (2013) Automatic characterization of the visual appearance of industrial materials through colour and texture analysis: An overview of methods and applications. Advances in Optical Technologies.
- (2011) Image classification with binary gradient contours. Optics and lasers in engineering. vol. 49 (9-10).
- (2010) Colour and texture features for image retrieval in granite industry. Dyna. vol. 77 (161).
- (2015) Goal-driven phenotyping through spectral imaging for grape aromatic ripeness assessment. Springer. 2015. ISBN 978-331919389-2. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (9117).