Background and activities
Research Scientist at the Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine (IKM), Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR)
- 2005: PhD in immunology, Department of Immunology, University of Tuebingen
- Since 2008: Post doctor / research scientist, Institutt for kreftforskning og molekylærmedisin, Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR).
- Member of the research group Molecular Mechanisms of Mycobacterial and HIV Infections
- Research focus: Adaptive immune functions in mycobacterial infections; mycobacteria-specific T cell functions in HIV-infected individuals
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Mycobacterium smegmatis Vaccine Vector Elicits CD4+ Th17 and CD8+ Tc17 T Cells With Therapeutic Potential to Infections With Mycobacterium avium. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 11.
- (2020) Sensing of HIV-1 by TLR8 activates human T cells and reverses latency. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2019) Global assessment of Mycobacterium avium subsp. hominissuis genetic requirement for growth and virulence. mSystems. vol. 4 (6).
- (2019) P1511 - Sensing of HIV-1 nucleic acids by TLR8 in human CD4+ T cells. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 43.
- (2019) Genetic Variation/Evolution and Differential Host Responses Resulting from In-Patient Adaptation of Mycobacterium avium. Infection and Immunity. vol. 87 (4).
- (2019) Expression and co-expression of checkpoint signaling receptors cluster of differentiation 39 (CD39) and programmed death 1 (PD-1) are highly elevated in intra-tumoral immune cells in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncogene. vol. 38.
- (2019) Ectonucleotidase CD39 and Checkpoint Signalling Receptor Programmed Death 1 are Highly Elevated in Intratumoral Immune Cells in Non–small-cell Lung Cancer. Translational Oncology. vol. 13 (1).
- (2018) Coactivation of TLR2 and TLR8 in primary human monocytes triggers a distinct inflammatory signaling response. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 9 (MAY).
- (2018) Photochemical internalization of peptide antigens provides a novel strategy to realize therapeutic cancer vaccination. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 9:650.
- (2018) Low lipocalin-2 in systemic lupus erythematosus pregnancies- a possible mechanism for loss of tolerance. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 77.
- (2017) Persistent mycobacteria evade an antibacterial program mediated by phagolysosomal TLR7/8/MyD88 in human primary macrophages. PLoS Pathogens. vol. 13 (8).
- (2017) Cytokines and lipocalin-2 in pregnant women with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 76.
- (2016) The intercell dynamics of T cells and dendritic cells in a lymph node-on-a-chip flow device. Lab on a Chip. vol. 16.
- (2015) Keap1 regulates inflammatory signaling in Mycobacterium avium-infected human macrophages. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (31).
- (2015) Infection and immunity on a chip: A compartmentalised microfluidic platform to monitor immune cell behaviour in real time. Lab on a Chip. vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) Mutations in the substrate binding site of human heat-shock protein 70 indicate specific interaction with HLA-DR outside the peptide binding groove. Immunology. vol. 142 (2).
- (2014) Lipocalin 2 imparts selective pressure on bacterial growth in the bladder and is elevated in women with urinary tract infection. Journal of Immunology. vol. 193 (12).
- (2013) Dynamics of immune effector mechanisms during infection with Mycobacterium aviumin C57BL/6 mice. Immunology. vol. 140 (2).
- (2011) Impaired suppression of synovial fluid CD4+CD25- T cells from patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis by CD4+CD25+ Treg cells. Arthritis and Rheumatism. vol. 63 (10).
- (2010) Involvement of CD91 and scavenger receptors in Hsp70-facilitated activation of human antigen-specific CD4(+) memory T cells. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 40 (4).