Background and activities
Research Scientist at the Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine (IKM), Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR)
- 2005: PhD in immunology, Department of Immunology, University of Tuebingen
- Since 2008: Post doctor / research scientist, Institutt for kreftforskning og molekylærmedisin, Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR).
- Member of the research group Molecular Mechanisms of Mycobacterial Infections
- Research focus: Adaptive immune functions in mycobacterial infections; mycobacteria-specific T cell functions in HIV-infected individuals
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Persistent mycobacteria evade an antibacterial program mediated by phagolysosomal TLR7/8/MyD88 in human primary macrophages. PLoS Pathogens.
- (2017) Cytokines and lipocalin-2 in pregnant women with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 76.
- (2016) The intercell dynamics of T cells and dendritic cells in a lymph node-on-a-chip flow device. Lab on a Chip. vol. 16.
- (2015) Keap1 regulates inflammatory signaling in Mycobacterium avium-infected human macrophages. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 112 (31).
- (2015) Infection and immunity on a chip: A compartmentalised microfluidic platform to monitor immune cell behaviour in real time. Lab on a Chip. vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) Mutations in the substrate binding site of human heat-shock protein 70 indicate specific interaction with HLA-DR outside the peptide binding groove. Immunology. vol. 142 (2).
- (2014) Lipocalin 2 imparts selective pressure on bacterial growth in the bladder and is elevated in women with urinary tract infection. Journal of Immunology. vol. 193 (12).
- (2013) Dynamics of immune effector mechanisms during infection with Mycobacterium aviumin C57BL/6 mice. Immunology. vol. 140 (2).
- (2011) Impaired suppression of synovial fluid CD4+CD25- T cells from patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis by CD4+CD25+ Treg cells. Arthritis and Rheumatism. vol. 63 (10).
- (2010) Involvement of CD91 and scavenger receptors in Hsp70-facilitated activation of human antigen-specific CD4(+) memory T cells. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 40 (4).
- (2010) Intracellular Mycobacterium avium Intersect Transferrin in the Rab11(+) Recycling Endocytic Pathway and Avoid Lipocalin 2 Trafficking to the Lysosomal Pathway. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 201 (5).