Background and activities
In my PhD-project I study binding and processivity of mannuronan C5-epimerases. These enzymes catalyse the epimerization, and sometimes also the lysation, of alginate on polymer level. Some areas of interest are:
- mutagenesis and cloning
- protein production and purification
- characterization of enzyme activity using spectrophotometric methods and NMR
- characterization of the enzyme-substrate interaction with isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) and optical tweezer
I am a part of the Biopolymer NMR lab, https://folk.ntnu.no/aachmann/
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Identification of a Pivotal Residue for Determining the Block Structure-Forming Properties of Alginate C-5 Epimerases. ACS Omega. vol. 5 (8).
- (2020) Polysaccharide epimerases.
- (2019) Design of polymers - Studying alginate epimerases. KIFEE - Kyoto International Forum for Environment and Energy . NTNU; 2019-10-05 - 2019-10-08.
- (2019) Enzymatic design of biopolymers from the ocean. Ocean Week 2019 . NTNU; Trondheim. 2019-05-06 - 2019-05-10.
- (2019) Enzymatic design of biopolymers, studying alginate epimerases. 3rd annual BioCat conference . Biocat Research School; Hurdalsjøen. 2019-06-05 - 2019-06-07.
- (2019) Enzymatic design of biopolymers with alginate epimerases. Biotrans 2019 . University of Groningen; Groningen. 2019-07-07 - 2019-07-11.
- (2019) Enzymatic design of biopolymers with alginate epimerases. CBM13 - Carbohydrate bioengineering meeting . LISBP - INSA/INRA/CNRS/University of Toulouse; Toulouse. 2019-05-19 - 2019-05-22.
- (2018) Using alginate epimerases as a basis to understand polymer and protein design. 2nd annual conference of Digital Life Norway Research School . 2nd annual conference of Digital Life Norway Research School; Stiklestad. 2018-05-30 - 2018-06-01.
- (2018) Using alginate epimerases as a basis to understand polymer and protein design. Norwegian Biochemical Society 54th Contact Meeting . Norwegian Biochemical Society; Hafjell. 2018-01-18 - 2018-01-21.