Background and activities
Mari-Ann Einarsrud is a professor in inorganic chemistry at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry 1987-1997 (NTH/NTNU). She has international experience being a visiting professor at MIT in the US, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan as well as at Stockholms University, Sweden.
Mari-Ann Einarsrud (born 1960) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1983) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1987).
She is author/co-author of >210 publications in international journals with referee. She has been the supervisor for 23 PhD candidates and 13 postdocs. She is one of the founders of the spin-off company CerPoTech AS.
- Ceramic, nanostructured and inorganic materials
- Wet chemical synthesis methods; powders, nanoparticles, nanostructured materials and thin films
- Development of ceramic materials with designed microstructure - texturing
- Functional oxides for energy technology (fuel cells, membranes)
- Ferroic oxide materials
2014 - Head of section at Department of Materials Science and Engineering, NTNU
2007 - 2008 Head of board for Nanotechnology study program at NTNU
2002 Member of international committee to elaborate Nanotechnology at NTNU
1996 - 2001 Member of the Executive Board of NTNU, Norway
1990 - 1996 Head and deputy head of Department of Inorganic Chemistry, NTH, Norway
Commissions of trust
2018 Editorial board for the journals Ceramics and OIP JPhys Energy
2016 Board member and head of Program Committee, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
2015 - Member of the basic research evaluation panel at Swedish Energy Agency
2015 Member of review panel at Slovenian Research Agency
2015 - Member of the materials science review panel at Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
2007 - 2014 Review panel member, The Swedish Research Council, Sweden.
2009 Member of Committee to summarize chemistry evaluation in Norway, RCN.
2006 Member of committee to elaborate Nanotechnology in Norway, RCN.
2001 - 2005 Member of the board for the national PROSBIO research program, RCN.
2004- Chair for advanced inorganic materials in KIFEE
1995 - 1999 Member of Program for Research in Materials Science, RCN.
Fellowships, memberships and awards
2016 Profiled in Lynette D. Madsen, “Successful Women Ceramic and Glass Scientists: 100 Inspirational Profiles”, Wiley, 2016.
2009 Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
2009 Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters
1999 Elected member, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
1992 Japan Science and Technology Fellowship
1987 Esso Research Price for Fundamental Research for best PhD thesis, NTH
1984 - 1986 Norwegian Institute of Technology PhD Scholarship
- TMT4130 Inorganic Chemistry
- TMT4145 Ceramics Engineering
Functional Materials and Materials Chemistry:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Triple-phase ceramic 2D nanocomposite with enhanced thermoelectric properties. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 39.
- (2019) A comprehensive study on improved power materials for high-temperature thermoelectric generators. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 410.
- (2019) Thermoelectric Properties of Ca3Co2−xMnxO6 (x = 0.05, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75, and 1). Materials. vol. 12:497 (3).
- (2019) Epitaxial K0.5Na0.5NbO3 thin films by aqueous chemical solution deposition. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 6.
- (2019) Processing of high performing composite cathodes for protonic ceramic fuel cells by exsolution. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. vol. 7.
- (2018) In situ synthesis of hybrid inorganic-polymer nanocomposites. Polymers. vol. 10 (10).
- (2018) Epoxy-Based Nanocomposites for High-Voltage Insulation: A Review. Advanced Electronic Materials. vol. 5 (2).
- (2018) Biaxial strength and slow crack growth in porous alumina with silica sintering aid. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 38 (2).
- (2018) Effect of Cation Ordering on the Performance and Chemical Stability of Layered Double Perovskite Cathodes. Materials. vol. 11 (2).
- (2018) Chemical tracer diffusion of Sr and Co in polycrystalline Ca-deficient CaMnO3-δ with CaMn2O4 precipitates. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20 (4).
- (2018) Facile Low Temperature Hydrothermal Synthesis of BaTiO3 Nanoparticles Studied by In Situ X-ray Diffraction. Crystals. vol. 8 (6).
- (2018) All-Oxide Thermoelectric Module with in Situ Formed Non-Rectifying Complex p-p-n Junction and Transverse Thermoelectric Effect. ACS Omega. vol. 3 (8).
- (2018) Influence of processing on stability, microstructure and thermoelectric properties of Ca3Co4-xO9+δ. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 38 (4).
- (2018) High-Performance La0.5Ba0.5Co1/3Mn1/3Fe1/3O3−δ-BaZr1−zYzO3−δ Cathode Composites via an Exsolution Mechanism for Protonic Ceramic Fuel Cells. Inorganics. vol. 6 (3).
- (2018) The potential of functionalized ceramic particles in coatings for improved scratch resistance. Coatings. vol. 8 (6).
- (2018) Enhanced in-plane ferroelectricity in BaTiO3 thin films fabricated by aqueous chemical solution deposition. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) 96Zr Tracer Diffusion in AZro3 (A = Ca, Sr, Ba). Inorganics. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Thermal evolution of the crystal structure and phase transitions of KNbO3. Royal Society Open Science. vol. 5 (6).
- (2018) Rationalization of hydrothermal synthesis of NaNbO3 by rapid in situ time-resolved synchrotron X-ray diffraction. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 18 (2).
- (2018) Kinetics during hydrothermal synthesis of nanosized KxNa1-xNbO3. CrysteEngComm. vol. 20 (42).