Background and activities
Mari-Ann Einarsrud is a professor in inorganic chemistry at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, since 1997 and was associate professor at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry 1987-1997 (NTH/NTNU). She has international experience being a visiting professor at MIT, US, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan as well as at Stockholms University, Sweden.
Mari-Ann Einarsrud (born 1960) has an MSc in Chemistry from NTH (1983) and a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry from NTH (1987).
She is author/co-author of >240 publications in international journals with referee. She has been the supervisor for 27 PhD candidates and 17 postdocs. She is one of the founders of the spin-off company CerPoTech AS.
- Ceramic, nanostructured and inorganic materials
- Wet chemical synthesis methods; powders, nanoparticles, nanostructured materials and thin films
- Development of ceramic materials with designed microstructure - texturing
- Functional oxides for energy technology (fuel cells, membranes)
- Ferroic oxide materials
- Hybrid materials
- In situ characterization methods during nucleation and growth of inorganic materials
2019 Review panel ERC Starting Grants
201 - Head of FACET research groupat Department of Materials Science and Engineering
2007 - 2008 Head of board for Nanotechnology study program at NTNU
2002 Member of international committee to elaborate Nanotechnology at NTNU
1996 - 2001 Member of the Executive Board of NTNU, Norway
1990 - 1996 Head and deputy head of Department of Inorganic Chemistry, NTH, Norway
Commissions of trust
2019 - Board member Natural Sciences and Technology, Research Council of Norway
2018 - Editorial board for the journals Ceramics and OIP JPhys Energy
2016 Board member and head of Program Committee, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
2015 - Member of the basic research evaluation panel at Swedish Energy Agency
2015 Member of review panel at Slovenian Research Agency
2015 - Member of the materials science review panel at Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research
2007 - 2014 Review panel member, The Swedish Research Council, Sweden.
2009 Member of Committee to summarize chemistry evaluation in Norway, RCN.
2006 Member of committee to elaborate Nanotechnology in Norway, RCN.
2001 - 2005 Member of the board for the national PROSBIO research program, RCN.
2004- Chair for advanced inorganic materials in KIFEE
1995 - 1999 Member of Program for Research in Materials Science, RCN.
Fellowships, memberships and awards
2016 Profiled in Lynette D. Madsen, “Successful Women Ceramic and Glass Scientists: 100 Inspirational Profiles”, Wiley, 2016.
2009 Elected member, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
2009 Elected member, The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters
1999 Elected member, Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
1992 Japan Science and Technology Fellowship
1987 Esso Research Price for Fundamental Research for best PhD thesis, NTH
1984 - 1986 Norwegian Institute of Technology PhD Scholarship
- TMT4130 Inorganic Chemistry
- TMT4145 Ceramics Engineering
Functional Materials and Materials Chemistry:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Chemical stability of Ca3Co4−xO9+δ/CaMnO3−δ p–n junction for oxide-based thermoelectric generators. RSC Advances. vol. 10 (9).
- (2020) In situ synthesis of epoxy nanocomposites with hierarchical surface-modiﬁed SiO2 clusters. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 95.
- (2020) Mechanisms for texture in BaTiO3 thin films from aqueous chemical solution deposition. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 95.
- (2020) Experimental setup for high-temperature in situ studies of crystallization of thin films with atmosphere control. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation. vol. 27.
- (2020) Ferroelectric and dielectric properties of Ca2+-doped and Ca2+-Ti4+ co-doped K0.5Na0.5NbO3 thin films. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. vol. 8.
- (2020) Controlled growth of SrxBa1-xNb2O6 hopper- and cube-shaped nanostructures by hydrothermal synthesis. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 26.
- (2020) Performance of a thermoelectric module based on n-type (La0.12Sr0.88)0.95TiO3-δ and p-type Ca3Co4-xO9+δ. Journal of Electronic Materials. vol. 49 (7).
- (2020) On the formation mechanism of Ba0.85Ca0.15Zr0.1Ti0.15O3 thin films by aqueous chemical solution deposition. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (15).
- (2020) Reaction pathway of the hydrothermal synthesis of AgCuO2 from in situ time-resolved X-ray diffraction. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 20.
- (2020) A fast, low temperature synthesis method for hexagonal YMnO3: Kinetics, purity, size and shape as studied by in situ X-ray diffraction. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 26.
- (2020) Spectroscopic study of partially oxidized BN nanoscrolls induced by low frequency ultrasonic radiation. Applied Surface Science. vol. 515.
- (2020) Super-coercive electric field hysteresis in ferroelectric plastic crystal tetramethylammonium bromotrichloroferrate(III). Journal of Materials Chemistry C. vol. 8.
- (2020) Electric field dependent polarization switching of tetramethylammonium bromotrichloroferrite(III) ferroelectric plastic crystals. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 116 (242902).
- (2019) Thermoelectric properties of non-stoichiometric CaMnO3-d composites formed by redox-activated exsolution. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (4).
- (2019) Thermoelectric properties of A-site deficient La-doped SrTiO3 at 100–900 °C under reducing conditions. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (2).
- (2019) Triple-phase ceramic 2D nanocomposite with enhanced thermoelectric properties. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 39 (4).
- (2019) A comprehensive study on improved power materials for high-temperature thermoelectric generators. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 410-411.
- (2019) Controlling Phase Purity and Texture of K0.5Na0.5NbO3 Thin Films by Aqueous Chemical Solution Deposition. Materials. vol. 12 (13).
- (2019) Composition and morphology tuning during hydrothermal synthesis of SrxBa1−xNb2O6 tetragonal tungsten bronzes studied by in situ X-ray diffraction. CrysteEngComm. vol. 21 (39).
- (2019) Thermoelectric Properties of Ca3Co2−xMnxO6 (x = 0.05, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75, and 1). Materials. vol. 12 (3).