Background and activities
I am director of the Thermal Two-Phase Flow Laboratory at the Department of Energy and Process Technology, NTNU.
My reserach interests are within multiphase flows, with focus on the oil and gas industry. I find the combination of experimental work and numerical simulations essential for the better understanding of these types of flow phenomena.
I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a PhD degree in Fluid Mechanics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Norway.
Main areas of research
- Two-phase flow (simulations and experiments)
- Two-phase flow heat transfer (boiling and condensation in tubes)
- Gas-liquid and liquid-liquid separation in the oil & gas industry
- Numerical methods for droplet and bubble dynamics (interfacial phenomena)
- TEP4100/TEP4110 Fluid Mechanics
- EP8404 Multiphase Flow
- EP8409 Microfluidics