Background and activities
I am director of the Thermal Two-Phase Flow Laboratory at the Department of Energy and Process Technology, NTNU.
My reserach interests are within multiphase flows, with focus on the oil and gas industry. I find the combination of experimental work and numerical simulations essential for the better understanding of these types of flow phenomena.
I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a PhD degree in Fluid Mechanics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Norway.
Main areas of research
- Two-phase flow (simulations and experiments)
- Two-phase flow heat transfer (boiling and condensation in tubes)
- Gas-liquid and liquid-liquid separation in the oil & gas industry
- Numerical methods for droplet and bubble dynamics (interfacial phenomena)
- TEP4100/TEP4110 Fluid Mechanics
- EP8404 Multiphase Flow
- EP8409 Microfluidics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Water droplet dynamics on a heated nanowire surface. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 113 (25).
- (2018) Water droplet impacting on overheated random Si nanowires. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 124.
- (2018) Can the heat transfer coefficients for single-phase flow and for convective flow boiling be equivalent?. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112 (6).
- (2018) Simple and general correlation for heat transfer during flow condensation inside plain pipes. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 122.
- (2018) Experimental study on the characteristics of pressure drop oscillations and their interaction with short-period oscillation in a horizontal tube. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 91.
- (2018) On the occurrence of superimposed density wave oscillations on pressure drop oscillations and the influence of a compressible volume. AIP Advances. vol. 8 (7).
- (2018) Wetting State Transitions over Hierarchical Conical Microstructures. Advanced Materials Interfaces. vol. 5 (5).
- (2018) Can flow oscillations during flow boiling deteriorate the heat transfer coefficient?. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 113 (15).
- (2018) Thermal two-phase flow with a phase-field method. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 100.
- (2018) C1continuous h-adaptive least-squares spectral elementmethod for phase-field models. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. vol. 75 (5).
- (2018) Numerical solution of cahn-hilliard system by adaptive least-squares spectral element method. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10665 LNCS.
- (2017) Experimental Study of Horizontal Flow Boiling Heat Transfer of R134a at a Saturation Temperature of 18.6 °C. Journal of heat transfer. vol. 139 (11).
- (2017) Dominant dimensionless groups controlling heat transfer coefficient during flow condensation inside pipes. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 112.
- (2017) Effect of heating profile on the characteristics of pressure drop oscillations. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 158.
- (2017) The least-squares spectral element method for phase-field models for isothermal fluid mixture. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. vol. 74 (8).
- (2016) Numerical solution of coupled cahn-hilliard and navier-stokes system using the least-squares spectral element method. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Fluids Engineering Division (Publication) FEDSM. vol. 1B-2016.
- (2016) Numerical Solution of Incompressible Cahn-Hilliard and Navier-Stokes System with Large Density and Viscosity Ratio Using the Least-Squares Spectral Element Method. Journal of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 3.
- (2015) A numerical investigation of flow boiling of non-azeotropic and near-azeotropic binary mixtures. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 49.
- (2015) Modeling of annular-mist flow during mixtures boiling. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 91.
- (2015) Numerical study of the condensation length of binary zeotropic mixtures. Energy Procedia. vol. 64.