Background and activities
I am director of the Thermal Two-Phase Flow Laboratory at the Department of Energy and Process Technology, NTNU.
My reserach interests are within multiphase flows, with focus on the oil and gas industry. I find the combination of experimental work and numerical simulations essential for the better understanding of these types of flow phenomena.
I have an engineering degree in Nuclear Engineering from Balseiro Institute, Argentina, and a PhD degree in Fluid Mechanics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Norway.
Main areas of research
- Two-phase flow (simulations and experiments)
- Two-phase flow heat transfer (boiling and condensation in tubes)
- Gas-liquid and liquid-liquid separation in the oil & gas industry
- Numerical methods for droplet and bubble dynamics (interfacial phenomena)
- TEP4100/TEP4110 Fluid Mechanics
- EP8404 Multiphase Flow
- EP8409 Microfluidics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Numerical Solution of Incompressible Cahn-Hilliard and Navier-Stokes System with Large Density and Viscosity Ratio Using the Least-Squares Spectral Element Method. Journal of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 3.
- (2015) A numerical investigation of flow boiling of non-azeotropic and near-azeotropic binary mixtures. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 49.
- (2015) Modeling of annular-mist flow during mixtures boiling. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 91.
- (2015) Numerical study of the condensation length of binary zeotropic mixtures. Energy Procedia. vol. 64.
- (2014) Numerical study of heat and mass transfer of binary mixtures condensation in mini-channels ☆. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 58.
- (2014) Simulation Of Binary Mixtures Condensation Using Higher Order Methods. WIT Transactions on Engineering Sciences. vol. 83.
- (2014) Experimental study of density wave oscillations in horizontal, straight tube evaporator. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1592.
- (2014) Controlling micro-sized droplet generation using electrical pulses for studying liquid-liquid systems. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1592.
- (2014) Numerical Simulation of Evaporation Process of Two-Phase Flow in Small-Diameter Channels. Heat Transfer Engineering. vol. 35 (5).
- (2014) Experimental parametric study of the pressure drop characteristic curve in a horizontal boiling channel. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. vol. 52.
- (2014) Experimental results on boiling heat transfer coefficient, frictional pressure drop and flow patterns for R134a at a saturation temperature of 34°C. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 40.
- (2014) Experimental study of pressure drop oscillations in parallel horizontal channels. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. vol. 50.
- (2013) Numerical analysis of pressure drop oscillations in parallel channels. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 56.
- (2013) On the influence of heat flux updating during pressure drop oscillations - A numerical analysis. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 63.
- (2012) Investigation of the particle–particle drag in a dense binary fluidized bed. Powder Technology. vol. 224 (July).
- (2012) Multi-fluid modeling of density segregation in a dense binary fluidized bed. Particuology. vol. 10 (1).
- (2012) Numerical investigation of the sorption enhanced steam methane reforming in a fluidized bed reactor. Energy Procedia. vol. 26.
- (2012) Review on pressure drop oscillations in boiling systems. Nuclear Engineering and Design. vol. 250.
- (2012) Study of the influence of axial conduction in a boiling heated pipe. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 90 (9).
- (2012) Two-Phase Flow Instabilities in Boiling and Condensing Systems. Journal of Power and Energy Systems. vol. 6 (2).