Maria Azucena Gutierrez Gonzalez
Background and activities
María Azucena Gutiérrez González specializes in organization development focusing on the creation of interdisciplinary research groups and applying knowledge management to international projects and outreach activities within ocean sciences. In her current position as coordinator for research & education at NTNU’s strategic research area of Oceans (NTNU Oceans), she acts as a knowledge broker on interdisciplinary work, initiating and facilitating the creation of new projects & aligning NTNU Oceans activities with a wide range of NTNU's research & education environments.
Strong international background and years of experience in organizational learning, knowledge brokage, marketing and communications. Maria Azucena provides a generalist and holistic perspective to the strategic area of Oceans at NTNU.
- Initiation & collaboration grant applications: RCN, EU, Norad, Diku, etc.
- Creation of interndisciplinary research groups with Ocean focus at NTNU.
- Management of NTNU Ocean's internship program and supervision of research projects linked to the internship work.
- HiP Oceans 2021 - External partner collaborations & project definition.
- EiT Villages 2021 - Supervisor: 'Blue Planet: Ocean literacy for a more sustainable, healthier World'. Development of the 'Oceans Villages' umbrella program.
Other projects, initiatives and outreach activities:
- Industry & Institutional Networking.
- 'Ambassador' for Sailing for Science S4S.
- Outreach activities i.e. co-leadership Ocean Week.
- Guidance and support to 'NTNU Ocean Club' student organization.
- Coordinator for NTNU internal activities linked to Action Ocean Plastic Waste, a co-innitiative of TSO Sustainability and TSO Oceans.
University of León, Spain – Master’s Degree Management & Business Adm. MBA (‘98 - ’00)
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands - International program Faculteit der Economie, Business Studies & Econometrics as part of the Masters Degree. (‘99 – ’00)
University of León, Spain – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management (’92 - ’98)
Aarhus School of Business, Denmark – International program Quality Management, Marketing & Human Resources as part of the Bachelor’s (’97 - ’98)
University of Aalborg, Denmark – International program Management in an International Perspective as part of the Bachelor’s (’96 - ’97)