Marianne Bjordal Havnes
Background and activities
- Research adviser NV (2019-)
- Research adviser IGP, IV (2019)
- Research adviser ISB, MH (2018)
- Post doc ISB, MH (2013-2018)
- Staff engineer, ISB, MH (2008)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Fast hyperbaric decompression after heliox saturation altered the brain proteome in rats. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (10:e0185765).
- (2016) Bubbles Quantified In vivo by Ultrasound Relates to Amount of Gas Detected Post-mortem in Rabbits Decompressed from High Pressure. Frontiers in Physiology.
- (2015) S100B and NSE serum concentrations after simulated diving in rats. Physiological Reports. vol. 3 (10).
- (2014) Eccentric exercise 48 h prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (3).
- (2013) Simulated dive in rats lead to acute changes in cerebral blood flow on MRI, but no cerebral injuries to grey or white matter. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Exercise-induced myofibrillar disruption with sarcolemmal integrity prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (5).
- (2013) Longitudinal diffusion tensor and manganese-enhanced MRI detect delayed cerebral gray and white matter injury after hypoxia-ischemia and hyperoxia. Pediatric Research. vol. 73 (2).
- (2012) Concentration of circulating autoantibodies against HSP 60 is lowered through diving when compared to non-diving rats. Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease. vol. 23.
- (2012) Pseudomonas aeruginosa produce autoantibodies against HSP60 in rats. The FASEB Journal. vol. 26.
- (2012) Venous gas embolism as a predictive tool for improving CNS decompression safety. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 112 (2).
- (2012) Doxycycline treatment in a neonatal rat model of hypoxia-ischemia reduces cerebral tissue and white matter injury: a longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. European Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 36 (1).
- (2010) Simulated diving after heat stress potentiates the induction of heat shock protein 70 and elevates glutathione in human endothelial cells. Cell stress & chaperones (Print). vol. 15 (4).
- (2010) S100B and its relation to intravascular bubbles following decompression. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. vol. 40 (4).
- (2008) The effect of two consecutive dives on bubble formation and endothelial function in rats. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. vol. 38 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2009) Lack of signs of brain injury in rats on MRI after decompression. The future of diving: 100 years of haldane and beyond.
- (2013) The effect of diving on biomarkers in the rat. Possible consequences for short and long-term health effects in occupational divers. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4118-2.