Marianne Doré Hansen
Background and activities
Current research project: Viruses and gut mucosal innate immune responses in inflammatory bowel diseases.
My research has been focused on molecular signaling mechanism in viral-host interaction with emphasize on inflammation, using hepatitis C virus (HCV), a human oncogenic virus, as a model of infection. My current research focus is on virus and gut mucosal innate immune responses in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and how both pathogenic and commensal viruses may play a role in the establishment, exacerbation or remission of IBD.
- Researcher at Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, NTNU 2018 – now
- Visiting scientist at Institut Pasteur, Paris, France, Department of Virology, Hepacivirus and innate immunity, 2015 - 2018
- Post doctor at Department of Laboratory medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health, NTNU 2015-2018
- Visiting scientist at Institut Pasteur, Paris, France, Department of Virology, Hepacivirus and innate immunity, 2013
- PhD in Molecular Medicine in Marit W. Anthonsens lab, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health, NTNU, 2010-2015
- Senior Engineer, Department of Biology, NTNU, 2000-2010
- M.Sc. Biotechnology, University in Tromsø, 1996 – 1999
- B.Sc. (Chemistry), Sør-Trøndelag University College (HiST), Trondheim (1993 - 1996)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Tofacitinib downregulates TNF and Poly(I:C)-dependent MHC-II expression in the colonic epithelium. Frontiers in Immunology.
- (2021) Host-Viral Interactions in the Pathogenesis of Ulcerative Colitis. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 22 (19).
- (2021) The inflammasome components NLRP3 and ASC act in concert with IRGM to rearrange the golgi apparatus during hepatitis C virus infection. Journal of Virology. vol. 95 (3).
- (2017) Inhibition of the inflammatory response to stress by targeting interaction between PKR and its cellular activator PACT. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Hepatitis C virus triggers Golgi fragmentation and autophagy through the immunity-related GTPase M. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 114 (17).
- (2014) Effects on Development, Growth Responses and Thyroid-Hormone Systems in Eyed-Eggs and Yolk-Sac Larvae of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) Continuously Exposed to 3,3′,4,4′-Tetrachlorobiphenyl (PCB-77). Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 7 (9-11).
- (2009) Neural aromatase transcript and protein levels in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) are modulated by the ubiquitous water pollutant, 4-nonylphenol. General and Comparative Endocrinology. vol. 164 (1).
- (2005) Low copy number DNA template can render polymerase chain reaction error prone in a sequence-dependent manner. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics. vol. 7.
- (2015) Interplay of single´stranded RNA viruses with autophagy: Intracellular mechanisms and functional impact. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-0808-9.