Marit Kathryn Corneil
Background and activities
Marit Kathryn Corneil is assitant professor and doctoral fellow (ABD) in film studies at the Department of Art and Media Studies where she received the degree Cand. Pilol for her thesis Challenge for Change: an experiment in ethical documentary at the National Film Board of Canada (2003). She is currently teaching bachelor level courses in Fiction, Documentary and Film&Video Production and supervising the bachelor Thesis. She is in the final stages of a doctoral dissertation on the implications of digital video technologies for contemporary documentary theory and practice in the project entitled Digital Eye (KIM 2004-2010).
Areas of interest
- documentary film history and theory
- new media /digital technology and social media
- fiction film history and theory
- participatory video
- i-docs / webdocumentary
- sound in documentary
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2014) Docmedia: den interaktive dokumentaren. Hvor går dokumentaren? Nye tendenser i film, fjernsyn og på nett.
- (2013) Dem Leben Geschichten abtrotzen - orale/aurale Selbstmythologisierung in Pour la suite du Monde . Ton : Texte zur Akustik im Dokumentarfilm.
- (2012) Citizenship and Participatory Video. Handbook of Participatory Video.
- (2010) Seizing Novels From Life: oral/aural self-mythologizing in Pour La Suite Du Monde. Beyond the visual. Sound and image in ethnographic and documentary film.
- (2010) Winds and Things: towards a reassessment of the Challenge for Change/Société Nouvelle legacy. Challenge for Change: Activist Documentary at the National Film Board of Canada.
- (2007) Usynlige Offentligheter? Dokumentarfilm og Web 2.0. Kommunikasjonssamfunnet: Moral, praksis og digital teknologi.
- (2003) Challenge for change. An experiment in documentary ethics at the National Film Board of Canada. 2003.