Background and activities
Marius Pedersen received his BsC in Computer Engineering in 2006, and MiT in Media Technology in 2007, both from Gjøvik University College, Norway. He completed a PhD program in color imaging in 2011 from the University of Oslo, Norway, sponsored by Océ. He is professor at the Department of Computer Science at NTNU in Gjøvik, Norway. He is also the director of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab). His work is centered on subjective and objective image quality.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Preferred image quality metric for shifted superimposition-based resolution-enhanced images. Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI). vol. 27:033017 (3).
- (2018) Detection of Orientation-Modulation Embedded Data in Color Printed Natural Images. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (4).
- (2018) Performance evaluation of no-reference image quality metrics for face biometric images. Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI). vol. 27 (2).
- (2018) Study on color space for the performance of degraded face image recognition. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2018) Stochastic Capsule Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (6).
- (2018) Variational approach for capsule video frame interpolation. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. vol. 2018:30.
- (2018) Blind blur assessment of MRI images using parallel multiscale difference of Gaussian filters. Biomedical engineering online. vol. 17 (76).
- (2018) Image Quality Evaluation in Clinical Research: A Case Study on Brain and Cardiac MRI Images in Multi-Center Clinical Trials. IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine.
- (2018) Standardized Quality Metric System for Structural Brain Magnetic Resonance Images in Multi-Center Neuroimaging Study. BMC Medical Imaging.
- (2018) A Weighted Histogram-Based Tone Mapping Algorithm for CT images. Algorithms. vol. 11 (111).
- (2018) Image De-Quantization Using Plate Bending Model. Algorithms. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Applicability of a clinical cardiac CT protocol in post mortem studies. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. vol. 12.
- (2017) On large local error accumulation in multilevel error diffusion. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017-January.
- (2017) Data Hiding by White Modulation in Color Direct Binary Search Halftones. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 61 (4).
- (2017) Evidence of change blindness in subjective image fidelity assessment. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2017) Can no-reference image quality metrics assess visible wavelength iris sample quality?. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) Bayesian framework inspired no-reference region-of-interest quality measure for brain MRI images. Journal of Medical Imaging. vol. 4 (2).
- (2017) No-Reference Quality Measure in Brain MRI Images using Binary Operations, Texture and Set Analysis. IET Image Processing. vol. 11 (9).
- (2017) The spatial statistics of structural magnetic resonance images: application to post-acquisition quality assessment of brain MRI images. Imaging Science Journal. vol. 65 (8).