Background and activities
Marius Pedersen received his BsC in Computer Engineering in 2006, and MiT in Media Technology in 2007, both from Gjøvik University College, Norway. He completed a PhD program in color imaging in 2011 from the University of Oslo, Norway, sponsored by Océ. He is professor at the Department of Computer Science at NTNU in Gjøvik, Norway. He is also the director of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab). His work is centered on subjective and objective image quality.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Detection of Orientation-Modulation Embedded Data in Color Printed Natural Images. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (4).
- (2018) Stochastic Capsule Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (6).
- (2018) Variational Approach for Capsule Video Frame Interpolation. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing.
- (2018) Applicability of a clinical cardiac CT protocol in post mortem studies. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. vol. 12.
- (2017) On large local error accumulation in multilevel error diffusion. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017-January.
- (2017) Data Hiding by White Modulation in Color Direct Binary Search Halftones. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 61 (4).
- (2017) Evidence of change blindness in subjective image fidelity assessment. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2017) Can no-reference image quality metrics assess visible wavelength iris sample quality?. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) Bayesian framework inspired no-reference region-of-interest quality measure for brain MRI images. Journal of Medical Imaging. vol. 4 (2).
- (2017) No-Reference Quality Measure in Brain MRI Images using Binary Operations, Texture and Set Analysis. IET Image Processing. vol. 11 (9).
- (2017) The spatial statistics of structural magnetic resonance images: application to post-acquisition quality assessment of brain MRI images. Imaging Science Journal. vol. 65 (8).
- (2017) Image Quality Metrics for the Evaluation and Optimization of Capsule Video Endoscopy Enhancement Techniques. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 61 (4).
- (2017) Advanced Image Enhancement Method for Distant Vessels and Structures in Capsule Endoscopy. Computational & Mathematical Methods in Medicine. vol. 2017.
- (2017) How different iterative and filtered back projection kernels affect computed tomography numbers and low contrast detectability. Journal of computer assisted tomography. vol. 41 (1).
- (2016) Image Quality Assessment by Comparing CNN Features between Images. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (6).
- (2016) Statistical analysis of engraving traces on a 3D digital model of prehistoric stone stelae. Journal of Cultural Heritage. vol. 17.
- (2016) On large local error accumulation in multilevel error diffusion. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60:060403 (6).
- (2016) Orientation Modulation for Data Hiding in Chrominance Channels of Direct Binary Search Halftone Prints. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (5).
- (2016) Quality of color coding in maps for color deficient observers. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. Part F129934.