Background and activities
Marius Pedersen received his BsC in Computer Engineering in 2006, and MiT in Media Technology in 2007, both from Gjøvik University College, Norway. He completed a PhD program in color imaging in 2011 from the University of Oslo, Norway, sponsored by Océ. He is currently employed as an associate professor at NTNU Gjøvik, Norway. He is also the director of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab). His work is centered on subjective and objective image quality.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) How different iterative and filtered back projection kernels affect computed tomography numbers and low contrast detectability. Journal of computer assisted tomography. vol. 41 (1).
- (2016) Image Quality Assessment by Comparing CNN Features between Images. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (6).
- (2016) Statistical analysis of engraving traces on a 3D digital model of prehistoric stone stelae. Journal of Cultural Heritage. vol. 17.
- (2016) On Large Local Error Accumulation in Multilevel Error Diffusion. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (6).
- (2016) Orientation Modulation for Data Hiding in Chrominance Channels of Direct Binary Search Halftone Prints. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 60 (5).
- (2016) Quality of color coding in maps for color deficient observers. Electronic Imaging.
- (2016) The influence of fingerprint image degradations on the performance of biometric system and quality assessment. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. P-260.
- (2016) Features contributing to the genuineness of portraits on banknotes. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. vol. 5 (1).
- (2016) Image texture and radiation dose properties in CT. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Vision Security – the role of imaging for observer and observed. Electronic Imaging.
- (2016) Seam-Based Edge Blending for Multi-Projection Systems. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. vol. 9 (4).
- (2016) An adaptive contrast enhancement method for stereo endoscopic images combining binocular just noticeable difference model and depth information. Electronic Imaging.
- (2015) Measuring the relative image contrast of projection displays. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 59 (3).
- (2015) A sensor-data-based denoising framework for hyperspectral images. Optics Express. vol. 23 (3).
- (2015) An adaptive spatial–spectral total variation approach for Poisson noise removal in hyperspectral images. Signal, Image and Video Processing. vol. 10 (3).
- (2015) Effects of awareness to security features on the confidence in banknotes. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. vol. 4 (2).
- (2015) QuickEval: A web application for psychometric scaling experiments. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 9396:93960O.
- (2013) Multi-level contrast filtering in image difference metrics. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. vol. 39.