Background and activities
Marius Pedersen received his BsC in Computer Engineering in 2006, and MiT in Media Technology in 2007, both from Gjøvik University College, Norway. He completed a PhD program in color imaging in 2011 from the University of Oslo, Norway, sponsored by Océ. He is professor at the Department of Computer Science at NTNU in Gjøvik, Norway. He is also the director of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab). His work is centered on subjective and objective image quality.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) StreoScenNet: Surgical stereo robotic scene segmentation. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 1095:109510P1.
- (2019) Local Indicators of Spatial Autocorrelation (LISA): Application to Blind Noise-Based Perceptual Quality Metric Index for Magnetic Resonance Images. Journal of Imaging. vol. 5 (1).
- (2018) Behavioral Investigation of Visual Appearance Assessment. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference).
- (2018) Reviving traditional image quality metrics using CNNs. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference). vol. 26.
- (2018) Blurring Impairs Translucency Perception. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference).
- (2018) Preferred image quality metric for shifted superimposition-based resolution-enhanced images. Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI). vol. 27 (3).
- (2018) UV Watermarking of Images in Clustered Dot Scenarios. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2018) Detection of Orientation-Modulation Embedded Data in Color Printed Natural Images. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (4).
- (2018) Study on color space for the performance of degraded face image recognition. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2018) Performance evaluation of no-reference image quality metrics for face biometric images. Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI). vol. 27 (2).
- (2018) Stochastic Capsule Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (6).
- (2018) Variational approach for capsule video frame interpolation. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. vol. 2018:30.
- (2018) Deep-STRESS Capsule Video Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference).
- (2018) Blind blur assessment of MRI images using parallel multiscale difference of Gaussian filters. Biomedical engineering online. vol. 17 (76).
- (2018) Image Quality Evaluation in Clinical Research: A Case Study on Brain and Cardiac MRI Images in Multi-Center Clinical Trials. IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine. vol. 6.
- (2018) Standardized Quality Metric System for Structural Brain Magnetic Resonance Images in Multi-Center Neuroimaging Study. BMC Medical Imaging. vol. 18 (31).
- (2018) Color Image Modification with and without Hue Preservation. Sensing and Imaging. vol. 19 (1).
- (2018) A Weighted Histogram-Based Tone Mapping Algorithm for CT images. Algorithms. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Image De-Quantization Using Plate Bending Model. Algorithms. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Applicability of a clinical cardiac CT protocol in post mortem studies. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. vol. 12.