Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Efficient use of harvest data: a size-class-structured integrated population model for exploited populations. Ecography.
- (2021) Effects of pulsed resources on the dynamics of seed consumer populations: a comparative demographic study in wild boar. Ecosphere. vol. 12 (5).
- (2021) Catch-effort model used as a management tool in exploited populations: Wild boar as a case study. Ecological Indicators. vol. 124.
- (2020) Fluctuating optimum and temporally variable selection on breeding date in birds and mammals. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 117 (50).
- (2020) Late-life costs of raising sons in bighorn sheep. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 117 (11).
- (2020) Multi-event capture-recapture analysis in Alpine chamois reveals contrasting responses to interspecific competition, within and between populations. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 89.
- (2020) Biodemography: Unifying Concepts from Biology, Demography, and Mathematics. Trends in Ecology & Evolution.
- (2020) The Demographic buffering hypothesis: evidence and challenges. Trends in Ecology & Evolution. vol. 35 (6).
- (2020) Dopamine mediates life history responses to food abundance in Daphnia. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 287.
- (2020) Hydrology influences breeding time in the white-throated dipper. BMC Ecology. vol. 20 (70).
- (2020) Location is everything, but climate gets a share: analyzing small-scale environmental influences on breeding success in the white-throated dipper. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 8.
- (2020) On the use of the coefficient of variation to quantify and compare trait variation. Evolution Letters. vol. 4 (3).
- (2020) How does increasing mast seeding frequency affect population dynamics of seed consumers? Wild boar as a case study. Ecological Applications. vol. 30 (6).
- (2020) How do conditions at birth influence early‐life growth rates in wild boar?. Ecosphere. vol. 11 (7).
- (2020) Grow fast at no cost: no evidence for a mortality cost for fast early-life growth in a hunted wild boar population. Oecologia. vol. 192.
- (2019) Does harvesting amplify environmentally induced population fluctuations over time in marine and terrestrial species?. Journal of Applied Ecology. vol. 56 (9).
- (2019) Accounting for interspecific competition and age structure in demographic analyses of density dependence improves predictions of fluctuations in population size. Ecology Letters. vol. 22.
- (2019) More frequent extreme climate events stabilize reindeer population dynamics. Nature Communications. vol. 10 (1).
- (2018) Does multiple paternity explain phenotypic variation among offspring in wild boar?. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 29 (4).
- (2018) Environmental drivers of varying selective optima in a small passerine: A multivariate, multiepisodic approach. Evolution. vol. 72 (11).