Background and activities
I am a postdoc researcher at the department of language and literature and I am a member of the AcqVA research group. I have completed my PhD in Linguistics from UiT the Arctic University of Norway in 2018 under the supervision of Professor Merete Anderssen and Professor Marit Westergaard. Before that, I completed my MA in Linguistics (2012) and my BA in Anthropology (2008) at the University of Bologna.
My current postdoc project is on Cross-Linguistic Influence in Norwegian-Italian bilinguals. the main focus of this project are possessive structures as both languages have the pre-and post-nominal structure but are used in different contexts in the two languages. Thus, these structures provide fertile ground for observing the direction and contexts in which CLI takes place.
- Language acquisition
- Cross-Linguistic Influence
- Ditransitive structures
- Referring expression
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The Effects of Animacy and Givenness on Object Order in Croatian Child Language. Journal of Slavic Linguistics. vol. 27 (1).
- (2018) The Influence of Animacy, Givenness, and Focus on Object Order in Croatian Ditransitives. Studia Linguistica.
- (2018) The effects of discourse topic on global and local markers in Croatian ditransitives. Glossa: a journal of general linguistics. vol. 3 (1).
- (2015) Of good thieves and old friends: An analysis of Croatian adjectival forms. Poljarnyj Vestnik. vol. 18.
- (2018) Ditransitive structures in Croatian adult and child language: The role of animacy and givenness. 2018. ISBN 978-82-8244-193-3.