Background and activities
My key research interests are to understand how anthropogenic pressures (e.g., a product) are impacting biodiversity and how we can minimize these impacts for a transition into a more sustainable world.
More specifically I am focusing on the filed of life cycle assessment (LCA), where my research aim is to complement models that are quantifying ecosystem quality damages, with focus on aquatic, marine and terrestrial biodiversity. Currently, I am working on developing models for water consumption and water use, climate change, land use change, invasive species, marine plastic debris and ecosystem services.
In addition, I am working for several workgroups of the UNEP-SETAC life cycle initiative on ecosystem quality within Life Cycle Impact Assessment (LCIA).
Area of work
- Water use
- Climate change
- Whales, waste and sea walnuts
- 2019: PhD, Industrial Ecology, NTNU, Trondheim
Quantifying biodiversity impacts of hydropower electricity production within the framework of Life Cycle Assessment
- Master of Science, Environmental Sciences, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- Bachelor of Science, Environmental Nature Sciences, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- Cross-country skiing
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Optimal combination of bioenergy and solar photovoltaic for renewable energy production on abandoned cropland. Renewable Energy. vol. 168.
- (2020) Controlling biodiversity impacts of future global hydropower reservoirs by strategic site selection. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Global characterization factors for terrestrial biodiversity impacts of future land inundation in Life Cycle Assessment. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 712.
- (2020) Can we locate shrimp aquaculture areas from space? – A case study for Thailand. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment (RSASE). vol. 20.
- (2019) Quantifying net water consumption of Norwegian hydropower reservoirs and related aquatic biodiversity impacts in Life Cycle Assessment. Environmental impact assessment review. vol. 76.
- (2018) Modeling net land occupation of hydropower reservoirs in Norway for use in life cycle assessment. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2019) Quantifying biodiversity impacts of hydropower electricity production within the framework of Life Cycle Assessment. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-3921-2.
- (2019) A new framework to assess aquatic biodiversity impacts of non-consumptive water use from reservoirs in Life Cycle Assessment. ISIE 2019 ; 2019-07-07 - 2019-07-11.