Background and activities
Navigator and officer from Royal Norwegian Navy // Discipline lead for marine services at Safetec Nordic // MSc marine engineering from NTNU
Area of work
Risk and safety for marine operations, offshore activities, navigation and other maritime areas.
Skills and expertise
- Risk analysis
- First aid
- Presentation technique and design
- Master of Science Marine Engineering (NTNU)
- Deck Officer Class 4 (First Officer)
- GOC Radiooperator
- Officer Training School - Navy
- Discipline Lead / Senior Safety Engineer at Safetec Nordic
- Liaison officer Royal Norwegian Navy / NATO (NCAGS)
- Main instructor for the Norwegian Maritime Evening School in Trondheim
- First Officer on MS Ladejarl
- Commanding Officer in the Royal Norwegian Navy
- Weapons officer
- Communications officer
- Medical officer
- TEDxTrondheim / TED.com
- Boardgames / Computer games
- Outdoor life (hiking / skiing)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Allision risk analysis of offshore petroleum installations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf—an empirical study of vessel traffic patterns. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs (JoMA). vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) Challenges with bringing collision risk models used in the north sea and norwegian sea to the Barents Sea. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2011) Underreporting of maritime accidents to vessel accident databases. Accident Analysis and Prevention. vol. 43 (6).
Part of book/report
- (2010) A comparative study of vessel accident databases from a risk management perspective. Reliability, risk and safety : back to the future.