Martin F. Hohmann-Marriott
Background and activities
Lab website: PhotoSynLab
Photosynthesis & Renewable Energy
Nano-scale imaging techniques
Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 & Synechocystis 6803 (cyanobacteria)
Nannochloropsis (marine heterokont alga)
Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (green alga)
Swingley Lab (Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Illinois Universit, USA)
Eaton-Rye Lab (Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, New Zealand)
Minagawa Lab (National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Japan)
Blankenship Lab (Departments of Chemistry & Biology, Washington University, USA)
Leapman Lab (National Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, NIH, USA)
Roberson Lab (School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, USA)
Vermass Lab (School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, USA)
Mets Lab (Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, USA)
The Center for Bioenergy & Photosynthesis at Arizona State University
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) From the ocean to the lab—assessing iron limitation in cyanobacteria: An interface paper. Microorganisms. vol. 8:1889 (12).
- (2020) Iron Speciation and Physiological Analysis Indicate that Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 Reduces Amorphous and Crystalline Iron Forms in Synthetic Seawater Medium. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 8 (12).
- (2020) An adjustable algal chloroplast plug-and-play model for genome-scale metabolic models. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (2).
- (2019) A universal method for gene expression engineering. BioRxiv.
- (2019) Unique photosynthetic electron transport tuning and excitation distribution in heterokont algae. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Cyanobacterial siderophores - physiology, structure, biosynthesis, and applications. Marine Drugs. vol. 17:281 (5).
- (2018) Chlorophyll fluorescence emission spectroscopy of oxygenic organisms at 77 K. Photosynthetica (Praha). vol. 56 (1).
- (2017) Manganese acquisition is facilitated by PilA in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (10).
- (2017) Mechanisms of phosphorus acquisition and lipid class remodeling under P limitation in a Marine Microalga. Plant Physiology. vol. 175 (4).
- (2017) The plastoquinone pool of Nannochloropsis oceanica is not completely reduced during bright light pulses. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Streamlining recombination-mediated genetic engineering by validating three neutral integration sites in Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002. Journal of Biological Engineering. vol. 11 (19).
- (2016) Isolation and genome sequencing of four Arctic marine Psychrobacter strains exhibiting multicopper oxidase activity. BMC Genomics. vol. 17 (117).
- (2015) A Practical Solution for 77 K Fluorescence Measurements Based on LED Excitation and CCD Array Detector. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (7).
- (2015) Transcriptional regulation of lipid accumulation in phosphorus limited Nannochloropsis oceanica. European journal of phycology. vol. 50.
- (2014) Functional Role of PilA in Iron Acquisition in the Cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. PLOS ONE. vol. 9:e0105761 (8).
- (2013) A Cost-Effective Solution for the Reliable Determination of Cell Numbers of Microorganisms in Liquid Culture. Current Microbiology. vol. 67.
- (2013) A Cost-Effective Solution for the Reliable Determination of Cell Numbers of Microorganisms in Liquid Culture. Current Microbiology. vol. 67 (2).
- (2013) Pathways of Lipid Metabolism in Marine Algae, Co-Expression Network, Bottlenecks and Candidate Genes for Enhanced Production of EPA and DHA in Species of Chromista. Marine Drugs. vol. 11 (11).
- (2012) An LED-based fluorometer for chlorophyll quantification in the laboratory and in the field. Photosynthesis Research. vol. 114 (1).
- (2012) An LED-based fluorometer for chlorophyll quantification in the laboratory and in the field. Photosynthesis Research. vol. 114.