Background and activities
Martin Landrø is a Professor in Applied Geophysics at the Department of Petroleum Engineering & Applied Geophysics (IPT).
Landrø supervises has supervised more than 50 students pursuing a master's degree in geophysics. In addition he supervises a select group of PhD students — working on various geophysical themes such as lithology and fluid prediction from seismic data, pressure prediction from seismic data, time lapse seismic, gravimetric reservoir monitoring and carbonate seismics.
Professional activities and research
Professor Landrø was the coordinator for the EU-project ATLASS (Analysis of Time LapSe Seismic data) and the project lead in the first trials of 4-D seismic on the Gullfaks field (PETROMAKS 2005-2009). The qualifying and further development of this technology has led to improved recovery. Since 2009 Landrø has been the lead on a reseach project concerning improved mapping and monitoring of hydrocarbon reservoirs.
Landrø held research positions with SERES (86-89), SINTEF Petroleum (89-93) and Statoil (96-98), and was section manager at SINTEF Petroleum from 93-96.
Other activities of note include:
- Selected as a distinguished lecturer EAGE, 1997
- Recipient of the EAGE Petroleum Geoscience award for best paper, 2000.
- Member, Scientific Committee of the SEG Production and Development Forum, Taos, New Mexico, 24-29 Juni 2001.
- Awarded Best Paper in Geophysics, 2001.
- Selected Esso Distinguished Lecturer in Australia, 2003
- Recipient of the StatoilHydro Research prize, 2007
- Associate editor in Geophysics
- Recipient of the Eni Award, 2011
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Characterizing the acoustic properties of the cavity cloud generated close to an air-gun array as a time-dependent effective medium. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 216 (1).
- (2019) Time lapse seismic analysis of the Tohoku-Oki 2011 earthquake. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 82.
- (2019) Gas flow through shallow sediments - A case study using passive and active seismic field data. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 87.
- (2019) Repeatability of high-resolution 3D seismic data. Geophysics. vol. 84 (1).
- (2019) On low frequencies emitted by air guns at very shallow depths - An experimental study. Geophysics. vol. 84 (5).
- (2018) Estimating source signatures from source-over-spread marine seismic data. Geophysics. vol. 83 (6).
- (2018) Acoustically induced cavity cloud generated by air-gun arrays—Comparing video recordings and acoustic data to modeling. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 143 (6).
- (2018) Frequency-depth-dependent spherical reflection response from the sea surface - a transmission experiment. Geophysical Journal International. vol. 214 (2).
- (2017) Broadband seismic over/under sources and their designature-deghosting. Geophysics. vol. 82 (5).
- (2017) On firing an air gun very shallow. Geophysics. vol. 82 (3).
- (2017) Streamer depth versus vessel and seismic interference noise. Geophysics. vol. 82 (4).
- (2017) Processing and quality-control strategies for consistent time-lapse seismic attributes: A case history on an internal blowout using vintage data. Geophysics. vol. 82 (4).
- (2017) Variable source depth acquisition for (an overall) improved signal-to-noise ratio in marine broadband seismic data: A modeling study. Geophysics. vol. 82 (4).
- (2017) High frequency ghost cavitation - a comparison of two seismic air-gun arrays using numerical modeling. Energy Procedia. vol. 125.
- (2017) Acoustic generation of underwater cavities - Comparing modeled and measured acoustic signals generated by seismic air gun arrays. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 141 (4).
- (2017) Detecting gas leakage using high-frequency signals generated by air-gun arrays. Geophysics. vol. 82 (2).
- (2017) Estimating saturation and density changes caused by CO2 injection at Sleipner - Using time-lapse seismic amplitude-vartiation-with-offset and time-lapse gravity. Interpretation. vol. 5 (2).
- (2017) A new approach to separate seismic time-lapse time shifts in the reservoir and overburden. Geophysics. vol. 82 (6).
- (2017) Low-frequency acoustic signal created by rising air-gun bubble. Geophysics. vol. 82 (6).
- (2016) Sensitivity analysis and application of time-lapse full-waveform inversion: synthetic testing and field data example from the North Sea, Norway. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 64 (5).