Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Exploring Youths’ Willingness to Engage with Civil Society and Public Sector Institutions: The Untapped Potential of Religious Communities in Preventing Violent Extremism. Democracy and Security. vol. 17 (4).
- (2021) Let’s talk about terrorism. Journal of Peace Education.
- (2021) From Global Competition to Intercultural Competence: What Teacher-Training Students with Cross-Cultural Teaching Experience Should be Learning. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2019) When Counterterrorism Enters the Curriculum: How the Global War on Terror Risks Impairing Good Education. Journal for Deradicalization.
- (2019) Preventing extremism through education: Exploring impacts and implications of counterradicalisation efforts. Journal of Beliefs and Values. vol. 40 (3).
- (2019) Preventing radicalisation in Norwegian schools: How teachers respond to counter-radicalisation efforts. Critical Studies on Terrorism. vol. 13 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Neither hard nor soft prevention : On the need to reconfigure contemporary counterterrorism towards smart prevention. Proceedings of the 31st European Safety and Reliability Conference.
- (2020) Standardizing Homeland Security Through First-Line Vigilant Surveillance. Fields, Habitus and the Redistribution of Counterterrorist Responsibilities in Scandinavia. e-proceedings of the 30th European Safety and Reliability Conference and 15th Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference (ESREL2020 PSAM15).
- (2019) Skolen i forebyggingens tid. Forebygging av radikalisering og voldelig ekstremisme. Norske handlemåter i møtet med terror.
- (2019) How the counter-radicalization discourse securitizes education and why this might not be an effective approach to preventing terrorism. Proceedings of the 29th European Safety and Reliability Conference(ESREL). 22 – 26 September 2019 Hannover, Germany.
- (2020) When counterterrorism enters the curriculum - Exploring risks and practices of the securitisation of education. Universitetet i Stavanger. 2020. ISBN 978-82-7644-931-0.
- (2016) Can spontaneous Internet activity serve the goals of school? : HSH-rapport 20016/2. 2016. ISBN 978-82-90909-16-6.