Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Exercise reveals proline dehydrogenase as a potential target in heart failure. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 62 (2).
- (2018) Acute exercise is not cardioprotective and may induce apoptotic signalling in heart surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2018) Differential regulation of cysteine oxidative post-translational modifications in high and low aerobic capacity. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2017) Exercise Training Reverses Extrapulmonary Impairments in Smoke-exposed Mice. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (5).
- (2017) Calf raise exercise increases walking performance in patients with intermittent claudication. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 65 (5).
- (2017) Exercise in claudicants increase or decrease walking ability and the response relates to mitochondrial function. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 15 (130).
- (2017) Exercise Intensity-Dependent Effects on Cognitive Control Function during and after Acute Treadmill Running in Young Healthy Adults. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Age-dependent effects of bed rest in human skeletal muscle: Exercise to the rescue. Journal of Physiology. vol. 594 (2).
- (2016) Mitochondrial respiration after one session of calf raise exercise in patients with peripheral vascular disease and healthy older adults. PLoS ONE. vol. 11:e0165038 (10).
- (2015) A small molecule activator of AKT does not reduce ischemic injury of the rat heart. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 13 (1).