Background and activities
Being educated as a Medical Engineer, it is my ambition to conduct research on the cutting edge of medical physics and clinical practice. My main research interests include image reconstruction, processing, and analysis for quantitative nuclear imaging (PET/MRI, PET/CT, SPECT/CT) and MRI.
For a full list of publications see this pubmed link.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Relative Enhanced Diffusivity in Prostate Cancer: Protocol Optimization and Diagnostic Potential. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- (2019) Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen PET/Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Planning of Salvage Radiotherapy in Patients with Prostate Cancer with Biochemical Recurrence After Radical Prostatectomy. PET Clinics.
- (2018) The effect of including bone in DIXON-based attenuation correction for 18F-fluciclovine PET/MRI of prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (12).
- (2018) Simultaneous 18F-fluciclovine Positron Emission Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopic Imaging of Prostate Cancer. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 8.
- (2018) Multi institutional quantitative phantom study of yttrium-90 PET in PET/MRI: the MR-QUEST study. EJNMMI Physics. vol. 5 (7).
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.
- (2018) Decidual inflammation in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 13.
- (2017) Combined 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI shows potential for detection and characterization of high-risk prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) An inflammatory role for TLR3 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2017) Geometric distortion correction in prostate diffusion-weighted MRI and its effect on quantitative apparent diffusion coefficient analysis. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 79 (5).
- (2017) An inflammatory role for NOD1 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2016) Multimodality calibration for simultaneous fluoroscopic and nuclear imaging. EJNMMI Physics. vol. 3:20.
- (2016) A PET/MRI study towards finding the optimal [18F]Fluciclovine PET protocol for detection and characterisation of primary prostate cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2016) T2-weighted MRI-derived textural features reflect prostate cancer aggressiveness: preliminary results. European Radiology.