Background and activities
Being educated as a Medical Engineer, my ambition is to conduct research on the cutting edge of medical physics and clinical practice. I have experience with medical image reconstruction, quantitative imaging, multimodal imaging, machine learning, and radiation dosimetry in oncology. My current research focus lies on prostate cancer imaging with PET and MRI, and the emerging role of artificial intelligence in this field.
For a full list of publications see this pubmed link.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Tumor Targeting by αvβ3-Integrin-Specific Lipid Nanoparticles Occurs via Phagocyte Hitchhiking. ACS Nano.
- (2020) Automated reference tissue normalization of T2-weighted MR images of the prostate using object recognition. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine.
- (2019) Relative enhanced diffusivity in prostate cancer: Protocol optimization and diagnostic potential. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- (2019) The NLRP3 inflammasome expression by maternal and fetal cells in the uterine wall and association with preeclampsia development. Placenta. vol. 83.
- (2019) Prostate-specific membrane antigen PET/magnetic resonance imaging for the planning of salvage radiotherapy in patients with prostate cancer with biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy. PET Clinics. vol. 14 (4).
- (2019) Toll-Like Receptor-3 expression by maternal and fetal cells at the maternal-fetal interface is associated with development of preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 17.
- (2018) The effect of including bone in DIXON-based attenuation correction for 18F-fluciclovine PET/MRI of prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (12).
- (2018) Simultaneous 18F-fluciclovine Positron Emission Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopic Imaging of Prostate Cancer. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 8.
- (2018) Multi institutional quantitative phantom study of yttrium-90 PET in PET/MRI: the MR-QUEST study. EJNMMI Physics. vol. 5 (7).
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.
- (2018) Decidual inflammation in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 13.
- (2017) Combined 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI shows potential for detection and characterization of high-risk prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) An inflammatory role for TLR3 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2017) Geometric distortion correction in prostate diffusion-weighted MRI and its effect on quantitative apparent diffusion coefficient analysis. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 79 (5).
- (2017) An inflammatory role for NOD1 in decidua and placenta of normal and preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta. vol. 57.
- (2016) Multimodality calibration for simultaneous fluoroscopic and nuclear imaging. EJNMMI Physics. vol. 3:20.
- (2016) A PET/MRI study towards finding the optimal [18F]Fluciclovine PET protocol for detection and characterisation of primary prostate cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2016) T2-weighted MRI-derived textural features reflect prostate cancer aggressiveness: preliminary results. European Radiology.